Best kernel for battery life?

droid15

Reaction score
What kernels do you guys usually use to get the best battery life out of your droid running ud 8.0.0

relentive

Reaction score
Kernel Advice

I talked with BlackDroid about this. He recommended ChevyNo1's 1.0Ghz uLow kernel as it was better in comparison in battery life and speed while not really compromising either. I've used it ever since and will vouch for that. Of course some phones have problems with uLow kernels so you might want to try Low if uLow doesn't work, then try Medium if necessary. Of course slower speeds will increase battery life, but will be sluggish. Anyways, hope that helps.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
I know this but last time I tried using chevys kernels my droid always crashed. any alternatives? right now I,m using p3s low voltage 1.0 ghz kernel. I just installed chevyNo1's ulv 1.0 ghz kernel. Gonna max it out and see if it crashes.

Last edited:
OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
psx for droid lol. If you have something better please recommend it to me because its not crashing and I wanna push it to the limits.dancedroid

Last edited:

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im using p3droid lv 1ghz kernel. Running awake @ 600-1000 mhz interactive, and asleep 125-400 ondemand. (I clock it from 125-400 so the wakeup for calls and when sliding the phone open to turn the screen on lag is reduced) Also i have autokiller running at aggresive... battery with moderate use lasts all day. Heavy use it will last for about 14 hours. I found this to be best for stability (aka no crashes) and battery life.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
chevys kernel just started crashing randomly again goin back to p3 droids kernels.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Give one of slayhers kernels a try, I have been alternating between chevy's & slaybers trying to compare each, for me battery life is #1 I work 8-10 hours day & am not able to charge at all during that period so my phone must last at least that long with varying amounts of use each day...

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
Today with the p3 droid 250 mhz to 1.0 ghz I marked the day at 3 o clock with 50% left, which seems a little better. I've also just started using auto killer which probably save the battery life a little. Still not the effect I was looking for. I remember having much better battery life when I used ud 6.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using chevys 1.1 but on a normal day I have it on 400/800 on demand... unless i got a lot going on... battery life isn't terrific but it hasn't been on any ROM/kernel on my droid

Elysian

Reaction score
I run the Chevy 1.1ghz ULV kernel, and only clock my phone to 800mhz. My battery life is nothing short of outstanding.

Elysian

Reaction score
Using chevys 1.1 but on a normal day I have it on 400/800 on demand... unless i got a lot going on... battery life isn't terrific but it hasn't been on any ROM/kernel on my droid

I do 250/800... Try that? Also keep my screen brightness at Auto so that it doesn't kill my battery life at all times.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also use Chevy ULV 1000 kernel. I always have it on my SD ready to flash for any ROM. I feel like it has great speed which is nice but also keeps my battery alive quite well. No need to go higher in my opinion, lower if anyhting.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
+1 for the slayher kernel. I've been using it for a while now and it runs cooler and I get outstanding battery life. I couldn't run the ChevyNo1 ULV or LV kernels, so I was using the Chevy Medium, which was pretty good on battery life for me @ 250-800MHZ. I can run the slayher @ 250-1000 and get better battery life.

donerico

Reaction score
I run the Chevy 1.1ghz ULV kernel, and only clock my phone to 800mhz. My battery life is nothing short of outstanding.

Can you define outstanding? I would like to have something to compare to, I am running Chevy's 1100 LV and with normal phone use (not a lot of browsing, just some texting, ocational browsing, using cal and email quite a bit) I get about 14 hs before it is down to 30%. Is this considered good or bad for the D1?