WHEN kangerade 1.2 comes out

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just trying to gain a little knowledge ahead of the curve here.

When the new kangerade comes out, which will be based on the new build of froyo. Will I have to go through the whole process of installing everything again.

Or will it be as simple as downloading the new file, renaming it to update.zip. And loading it up in the recovery console?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Just trying to gain a little knowledge ahead of the curve here.

When the new kangerade comes out, which will be based on the new build of froyo. Will I have to go through the whole process of installing everything again.

Or will it be as simple as downloading the new file, renaming it to update.zip. And loading it up in the recovery console?

Most people are going to tell you it's best to start off with a clean install. You may need to wipe data and cache. But, your best bet would be to make sure you do a full nandroid back up or clo9ckwork recovery backup and give it a try. I bet you can install by just flashing it. In case that is not true.... you have a back up.

P.s. you probably should have used the 1.1 thread for this question.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
713, no need to be a D***. Im new to this and trying to figure it all out. Im sorry im not as smart as you.

Illmatic, thanks for the info. Didnt realize it would be different for each rom. Figured the same process would be used accross the board for all roms.

Thanks again.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Illmatic. Also as far as backing up goes. When I originally rooted I did a back up of my original non rooted installation. Im not to concerned about backing anything up past that. If I loose it i just start over.

But I want to make sure I understand. As long as I have my original backup im OK correct?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Illmatic. Also as far as backing up goes. When I originally rooted I did a back up of my original non rooted installation. Im not to concerned about backing anything up past that. If I loose it i just start over.

But I want to make sure I understand. As long as I have my original backup im OK correct?

If your on SP Recovery then you want to do a fresh nandroid back up of what you current have set up on your Droid . That first nandroid back up is probably Android 2.0.1 and at this point, it's outdated.

My advice, buy Rom Manager in the Market for $3 and it will make your life a lot easier.

713King

Reaction score
no just stating facts, he got from 1.0 to 1.1 by following the steps that the developer provided. That's why they have all those post 2k and 500 because all they do is troll

illmatic636

Reaction score
no just stating facts, he got from 1.0 to 1.1 by following the steps that the developer provided. That's why they have all those post 2k and 500 because all they do is troll

713King...

Let it go... It's getting uglier by the post.

This post helped out 1 person, but now the time has come to say good bye.

Who wants to take a guess at the next Android os name?

My guess would be Croissant.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
713, thats why you need to have your info straight before your act like an ass to someone. I didnt go from 1.0 to 1.1. I installed froyo frf57 and then ran update.zip for kangerade 1.1.

But you already knew that right?

Anyway, im done here my point is proven.

Illmatic, thanks for your help. Yes my original backup is of 2.1. But I just have the backup incase things go south I have something to fall back to. What im asking is, as long as I have that back up I can always fall back to it right?