What's your favorite Android keyboard?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Odd, I don't see it in my apps since the 902 update. It does show in the manage apps area but I can't do anything there. I might try downloading/updating it.

Did you try enabling it under Settings > Language & input?

mamawm

Reaction score
Odd, I don't see it in my apps since the 902 update. It does show in the manage apps area but I can't do anything there. I might try downloading/updating it.
Go into settings> language and keyboard> input method. Select from there and the Swype settings are there also.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Swype fan! Works great and I can write a mile a minute.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The other day my swype was acting buggy so I changed to my stock keyboard and I found that I love it. I've never used it before. I've had Swype on my dinc1 almost since day one and that was the first mod I did on my dinc2. I really enjoy having the arrow keys. That was never an issue before because of the track ball on my dinc1. I used that to move around the curser. But now I've had my dinc2 for a couple of weeks I'm finding that I used the track ball more than I realized when I typed. Now I just need to find a keyboard with arrow keys that has a wider space bar because I'm always hitting the period button instead of the space bar.

UPDATE: I just downloaded Smart Keyboard and it's awesome! I made the space bar larger by just hiding the comma. And it has arrows. That's all I wanted but it can do so much more. Check it out.

Last edited:

movieman999

Reaction score
I'm definitely a SwiftKey fan. It's prediction engine is amazing, auto correct is fantastic, and it has a very polished feel to it. The only downside thus far is lack of themes, right now they only have 3 and none of them truly fit with stock ICS. I wrote them an email regarding this and they did say they will be working on adding more skins in the near future.

So for now I'm sticking to SwiftKey and don't see myself using anything else for a while.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Can I use swype on the SwiftKey X keyboard? If so how?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
Can I use swype on the SwiftKey X keyboard? If so how?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

You can't use "swype"with SwiftKey since the two are different keyboards by different developers. I haven't used SwiftKey enough to know all it's capabilities though so I don't know if it has a tracing feature built in that would make it similar to swype. My guess would be that it does not. But you can always try out one of the other keyboards mentioned in this thread to see if you like the tracing feature. I'm using SlideIt to type this message out and it's my keyboard of choice.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app