Swype Paralysis?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Im using 5612 and i havent had any problems. No rebooting or anything. Ive had it for about 3 weeks now.

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I experience the same issue from time to time (on non-rooted droid). Start up Handcent or a notepad and the swype keyboard appears, but when I start typing, it takes 3-4 seconds before the keystrokes appear on the screen - they they appear all at once. This is the only app where I have noticed any type of delay like this (and it only started occurring on the latest version of Swype)

I am not sure of the labels are missing from the lower keys - I will check next time i happens.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
BillyK,

I'm wondering if when you reinstalled Swype initially you deleted the "install" file along with the apk. According to what I'm seeing on the Swype forum it's the deletion of the install file (which can be difficult to find if you don't look for it) and pairing the correct apk with the correct install file that may resolve the problem.

Noticed that on the Swype forum you said that you'd reinstalled yesterday. Have you run into the problem since?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
BillyK,

I'm wondering if when you reinstalled Swype initially you deleted the "install" file along with the apk. According to what I'm seeing on the Swype forum it's the deletion of the install file (which can be difficult to find if you don't look for it) and pairing the correct apk with the correct install file that may resolve the problem.

Noticed that on the Swype forum you said that you'd reinstalled yesterday. Have you run into the problem since?

I am using Swype now and use it quite a lot and it's been fine since the reinstall yesterday. I am familiar with the install program and had deleted it a while ago and was sure to download it again with this install.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I also have this problem. I just ditched swype and use shapewriter since it was so annoying