What droid is currently best

wontaco

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here we are.

Basically what I'm asking in all that down there is what new(ish) droid is good for the money?

My family is planning on getting new phones soon, but I can't decide on what I want.
I currently have the Motorola Droid. First Android I ever owned, and its the reason I want to stick to that system.
My major problem is that I'm torn between all of the phones, they're all what I want.
As much as I love my current phone, I never used the slide out keyboard, and it kind of turned me off to the Droid 3. I started getting interested in the Incredible 2, but I then found the Droid X2. The X2 always caught my interest once I heard it was coming out, but the front facing camera on the Incredible 2 began to win me over. They both have great cameras and record in 720p (which was something I was wanting), but there's that second camera, butting in. I almost want it for that reason, but I fear it would just be like the slide out keyboard, cool at first, but then never used.
After debating between the two, I started to set on the incredible again, but then I started looking at the Droid 3, front facing camera, 1080p filming, and running on GingerBread! But then there's the keyboard, the reason I turned away.
I'm just torn between the Droid out there. I can never get an even answer for battery life or speed.

In your opinion, what droid is best for the money? dancedroid

darkmatter

Reaction score
As of right now, the d3 is the most powerful phone on verizon (and likely the most powerful phone on any US carrier until bionic or galaxy s2 hit)

For me, the d3 is the perfect phone. Has every feature any phone has, minus 4g. I honestly don't want a 4g phone yet anyway, I'll wait til 2nd+ gen radios.

You don't want a keyboard, your best bet is to wait for either the bionic or galaxy s2. The gs2 may or may not be more powerful than the bionic, but sgs2's LTE status is unknown. Whereas the whole point of the bionic is to be the first dual core LTE device.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

LT*

Reaction score
I never used the keyboard on my D1. The reason for that is that the keyboard was an abomination. The keyboard on the D3 is like heaven to type on compared to the the D1. I'm pretty sure I'll now only use the on screen keyboard for short texts and IMs. Anything more lengthy and the keyboard wins.

jseah

Reaction score
Best is purely subjective. What defines best can mean different things to different people. While one can say that the Droid 3 is "the best" because it is dual core and has the newest processor, etc., another can say that they don't need a physical keyboard (which someone else can say they need and it is a dealbreaker if it doesn't have one), another can say that it doesn't have 4G and it is a dealbreaker if it doesn't have 4G, etc.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically what I'm asking in all that down there is what new(ish) droid is good for the money?
These are highly subjective questions. "Good" and "best" are your clues that you're asking subjective questions. What I (or anyone else) think is good or best isn't relevant. You need to find what suits you best and that means finding a device that meets your needs/wants.

List out what you want and assign weights/priorities to each item. This isn't rocket science. It's basic shopping. Shop on your needs/wants, not those of others. Stop fixating on the devices themselves or else you'll have the exact problem that you're experiencing. You're going about it all backwards and trying to justify a given device. That leads to jumping all over the place like this and feeling overwhelmed.

Get your needs/wants sorted out first and use them to narrow down the choices. If you're having problems with your criteria then think about criteria that will help you to select one option over the other.

The X2 always caught my interest once I heard it was coming out, but the front facing camera on the Incredible 2 began to win me over. They both have great cameras and record in 720p (which was something I was wanting), but there's that second camera, butting in. I almost want it for that reason, but I fear it would just be like the slide out keyboard, cool at first, but then never used.
Again, subjective. No one can tell you if you'll use a front facing camera or not in the long run. That's an assessment that you need to make for yourself. Don't assume that someone else's like or dislike of the front facing camera has any direct relevance to you. "Cool" is yet another highly subjective word.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
These are highly subjective questions. "Good" and "best" are your clues that you're asking subjective questions. What I (or anyone else) think is good or best isn't relevant. You need to find what suits you best and that means finding a device that meets your needs/wants.

List out what you want and assign weights/priorities to each item. This isn't rocket science. It's basic shopping. Shop on your needs/wants, not those of others. Stop fixating on the devices themselves or else you'll have the exact problem that you're experiencing. You're going about it all backwards and trying to justify a given device. That leads to jumping all over the place like this and feeling overwhelmed.

Get your needs/wants sorted out first and use them to narrow down the choices. If you're having problems with your criteria then think about criteria that will help you to select one option over the other.

The X2 always caught my interest once I heard it was coming out, but the front facing camera on the Incredible 2 began to win me over. They both have great cameras and record in 720p (which was something I was wanting), but there's that second camera, butting in. I almost want it for that reason, but I fear it would just be like the slide out keyboard, cool at first, but then never used.
Again, subjective. No one can tell you if you'll use a front facing camera or not in the long run. That's an assessment that you need to make for yourself. Don't assume that someone else's like or dislike of the front facing camera has any direct relevance to you. "Cool" is yet another highly subjective word.

I'm pretty sure he's looking for subjective when he said "in your opinion". He wasn't looking for facts, he's looking for opinions from other consumers on why they picked the phone they did...you say the same thing in every thread.

Jordan8

Reaction score
IMO, the DX is a pretty nice phone ever since it's gotten 2nd-init support. ROMs such as CM7 & MIUI have been rolling out for it recently. It really just comes down to what you need/want in a phone. Do you want a physical keyboard? 4G? Screen size? Etc.

FreakyDroid

Reaction score
The Droid 3 would be nice since it has gingerbread, dual-core processor and a front facing camera. But I have a love-hate relationship with MotoBlur. (Or as they call it now Motorola's Application Platform)
The Droid x2 is said to be too buggy even with its dual-core processor. I thought about this phone muself, but the fact that it didn't have a ffc turned me off.
The Droid Incredible 2 in my opinion is the best, and I chose this phone out of them all. Since its running HTC Sense UI, it isn't laggy at all. Its fast even though it doesn't have a dual-core. It has a ffc, and Gingerbread is now rolling out for it.