Will next generation of processors and graphics be much more noticeable?

stanwelks

Reaction score
I currently have an Incredible and am thinking about upgrading to the Thunderbolt for the larger size and front facing camera. Besides these features, what is the difference between the devices? Will the faster processor and better graphics be noticeable?

Thanks.

windstrings

Reaction score
I currently have an Incredible and am thinking about upgrading to the Thunderbolt for the larger size and front facing camera. Besides these features, what is the difference between the devices? Will the faster processor and better graphics be noticeable?

Thanks.

Reports are usually conflicting until it actually releases....
The phone you see reviewed is not the one that will be released in many cases.
Basically it gives a front facing camera "1.3mp or 5mp?"
in addition to the 8mp so you can use skype or other video conferencing software so you can see the person your talking to while they see you at the same time.

Some have called it the Incredible HD, but not really... its not a amoled screen like the incredible which may delight some who feel its more visible in full sunlight, but I myself prefer the rich deep colors of the amoled screens. I can upload a picture to another type display and mine always looks superior. While there are arguments saying the amoled is not as sharp, reality is the human eye may agree on a 55 inch screen, but when using a 4.3 inch screen the amoled looks better to me.

There is no HDMI outlet thats a dissapointment for such an upgraded phone.

There is speculation as to whether its another 1gig snapdragon processor verses a 1.2gig, verses a dual core.

It's obviously 4g compatible too whereas the htc incredible is not.....

All in all, an improved phone for sure, but not dramatically IMO.

4g gives it an edge and all in all, I think its a better choice than the Droid X.. but not by far at all... especially if 4g is not in your area anyway.