What's the Front VGA camera experience like on the Bionic?

yiannis

Reaction score
I know the Bionic isn't out yet, but I am pre-emptively asking daring adopters of the Bionic for their experience using Skype videochat.

I'm bummed that the front camera isn't HD, but if the front facing camera is decent, the situation may still be salvageable.

Video Skyping on LTE/2.3.4 with my family abroad is a major reason I'm considering upgrading from the D1 to the Bionic.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hardly any video chat programs use streaming HD video even through a computer (unless you pay). But there aren't that many early adopters on the forums with a Bionic. Maybe one or two so you'll be lucky if they see this thread at all.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hardly any video chat programs use streaming HD video even through a computer (unless you pay). But there aren't that many early adopters on the forums with a Bionic. Maybe one or two so you'll be lucky if they see this thread at all.

And one I haven't seen in something like 3 weeks... hope he didn't say too much and run into some trouble at work.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, he hasn't been on since 8/22 or posted since 8/12. It just weird since he was so active right up until then.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess he got busy with other things, who knows.

But I don't think a VGA camera is that big of a deal. I know I won't be using it that much so I'm fine with it being VGA as long as the quality is decent.

tc3

Reaction score
Yeah mp can be overrated....I've seen lower mp camera's take far better pictures than some higher ones.

BigZig

Reaction score
Yeah, he hasn't been on since 8/22 or posted since 8/12. It just weird since he was so active right up until then.

Maybe he had to give his Bionic back and has fallen into a deep depression and is crying himself to sleep at night.:)

LT*

Reaction score
FWIW, the front facing cam on the D3 works quite well over 3G and Wifi. It's a bit more choppy on 3G, but that's expected. I assume it will be similar on the Bionic, but with 4G, I think the experience will be more like wifi.