Droid Bionic Specs Leaked On Dev Site

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) The Vigor is rumored to be a Tablet.
2) It's HTC - if it has those specs you won't have any battery life at all.
3) I hate Sense and plastic phones.

Still getting the Bionic should it ever come out.

poooookah78

Reaction score
Seriously, the GS2 is still superior in every single aspect (save 4g, which looks like based on the Canada release, it will have it)....

Kryptyk

Reaction score
I know those aren't the specs but if they aren't beefed up in the new model, I may have to wait until the Vigor. I don't know and really don't care. Renewal is in September and I have till the end of January to make a decision so I am not going to jump on anything until I Know what I want. I am not all drama like for a phone, but I do want the best technology out there when I renew. I don't buy phones during my plan because something else better comes out so thats why I am patient.

I do however hope they beefed up the Bionic because I do want that phone and had planned on buying it when it came out.

donerico

Reaction score
Disappointing. Not a big jump from the D3 in terms of technology to say the least. I hope the screen an camera are better than the current crop of Motorola phones.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
you are late to the party.... specs have been removed on link

Yep

0,1425,i=308010,00.jpg

Motorola posted the specs for the hotly anticipated Droid Bionic smartphone yesterday, but then quickly removed them from the page on the company's site. A cached version of the page still exists, though, and it confirms what people waiting for the Bionic have known for a while: the phone has capabilities that arguably best most tablets, let alone phones.

The spec page confirms the Bionic will have a Texas Instruments 1GHz OMAP4430 dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM (by comparison, the iPad 2 has just 512MB of RAM). The screen measures 4.3 inches diagonal with a resolution of 960x540 pixels. The rear camera is rated at 8 megapixels, while the front camera is VGA. It has an HDMI 1.4 output for mirroring the phone's display on a larger screen. It runs Android 2.3.4 "Gingerbread" and, oh yeah, it's equipped to run on Verizon's ultra-fast LTE data network.

View Slideshow See all (11) slides

More

The page appears to have been posted by accident. Although the name for the phone is given as the "Droid Bionic XT865," the photo appears to be a generic Motorola device. It seems clear, though, that the specs are authentic, since the Droid Bionic is so far the only phone to be equipped with both 4G LTE connectivity and a dual-core processor.

As to why the specs were posted and pulled, Motorola didn't respond to a request for comment, although one release date that had been rumored was Aug. 4 (another report said September).

Rounding out the specs, the Bionic has 32GB of storage, which can be paired with a microSDHC card (potentially adding up to 64GB more). The camera sports and LED flash and has 4x zoom. It supports playback of video up to 1080p.

The Bionic was first announced in January at CES, when PCMag got its first hands-on with the phone. Since then it's been hit with delays, and Verizon had to appease those waiting for it with a statement. A purported leaked ad may have leaked the price of the phone, said to be $300. Unsure what all the fuss is about? Check out PCMag lead mobile analyst Sascha Segan's "Why You May Want a Motorola Droid Bionic."

For more from Peter, follow him on Twitter @petepachal.

Droid Bionic Specs Appear on Motorola Site, Quickly Pulled | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get the disappointment. How much more could this phone be, really? It will FLY with 1gig ram (DDR2?) and a dual-core processor on LTE.

8mp camera, which is kind of overkill anyway (let's get cameras that take good pictures, instead of really unnecessarily detailed bad ones!).

HDMI out is a big one for me. That was one of the bigger knocks on the TBolt for me, besides the fact I have no interest in single core.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I don't get the disappointment. How much more could this phone be, really? It will FLY with 1gig ram (DDR2?) and a dual-core processor on LTE.

8mp camera, which is kind of overkill anyway (let's get cameras that take good pictures, instead of really unnecessarily detailed bad ones!).

HDMI out is a big one for me. That was one of the bigger knocks on the TBolt for me, besides the fact I have no interest in single core.

Its already been shown that the d3 is one of the most capable devices out today, and though the bionic is very close, it does have better specs (ram mostly).

If the bionic had a keyboard, i'd have waited for it, but i'd rather have a keyboard than 4g.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

donerico

Reaction score

Its already been shown that the d3 is one of the most capable devices out today, and though the bionic is very close, it does have better specs (ram mostly).

If the bionic had a keyboard, i'd have waited for it, but i'd rather have a keyboard than 4g.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
The specs are almost identical, except for more RAM and LTE. From evrything I have read they will even have the same display technology. LTE (and LTE radios) are in their first generation and I do most data intensive work on wifi anyways. So I decided to use one of my upgrades to get the D3 and keep the other for what comes next. Could be the Bionic, the SGS2, or something beyond that.