What the?

Firemedic67

Reaction score
Ok...so i tried to update my XT926 to the update that just came out a few days ago with no success. I tried to flash it back to earlier version and ended up causing a "flash failure". I am rooted and bootloader unlocked. I was able to restore the phone using the Droid razr KK utility KK file with RSD. Phone works!! Yippee.. Well weird thing is I updated the phone after it started working never looked at what firmware was installed until today. The only reason why I looked is its telling me an update is available for my phone...but I'm running Droid Maxx firmware..XT1080 on my phone? How in the world did this happen?? I attached a screen shot to show. So did this open up an opportunity for those developers out there to figure out a way to run XT926 firmware on the XT1080 to get root??? If I can run XT1080 on XT926...maybe?? And how do i go back to what i should be running? But i will tell you the phone works awesome with this firmware. Thanx.
Screenshot_2014-09-26-08-04-15.png Screenshot_2014-09-26-08-04-19.png

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I'm not seeing the XT1080 anywhere in those screen shots. Your build date is older then what I have and your Android version is lower then my non rooted phone. Sorry if I am missing what you are saying.

OP
F

Firemedic67

Reaction score
If you look at the system version.... It's running 19.5.3.obake_Verizon... That's the Motorola droid maxx.."XT1080" phone firmware. That wasn't a firmware version for the Motorola droid razr maxx HD XT926 phone..