What is good Battery Life? Iphone 4 vs Droid X

stryguy

Reaction score
So what is good battery life for a smart phone?

iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot - TiPb iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums

I invite you to scroll through this post. 1 day 5 hours is about the average with 1 hour of that being standby time! 30 mins on phone calls. Most have 5% battery remaining.

That is other than the one guy who obviously charged his phone partially. It even says the Iphone was plugged in since the last full charge.. Duh...

Now there's my Driod X.

At 1 day 2 hours and 4 hours on the phone I was at 70% battery. My battery is still green.

At 1 day 13 hour and another 1 hour phone call.. I'm down to 40% *ack!*

Finally at 1 day 22 hours 39 minutes I hit 10% battery and decide to charge up the phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...attery-again-2010-08-05_21-24-59_919-copy.jpg

Yeah.. My 4.3 inch phone that has weather bug downloading every 30 mins, Google Voice, and a news reader downloading stuff all the time lasts longer than their holy grail Iphone 4 when they do practically nothing with it. Never mind my cominbed 5 hours of phone calls made over those 2 days and approximately 50 text messages.

DNoMac

Reaction score
That's insane! I don't have very many widgets, screen set to auto, and battery on saver mode and I am at 50% by lunch time (unplugged around 6:30 am). Granted I listen to Slacker/Pandora quite a bit during the work week. I'm interested to see how it goes this weekend. I'd be impressed if I got 24 hours with moderate usage and brightness set low.