Battery Life & my 2 Droid X's

stryguy

Reaction score
I'm going to make this thread detailing the battery life of my 2 droid's. Droid #1 is the wife's. Droid #2 is mine. You'll know the difference in pictures due to the frilly pink case :)

So for starters we both got our phones on the 15th. I plugged my wife's into the charger right out of the box. I let it charge to full and left it on the charger an additional 1 hour. It's been removed from the charger and sat idle since. Apparently there was 1 incoming phone call during that time, probably for the person who had the number before us.

Attached is a screen shot of Droid #1 after 18.5 hours of mostly standby. Stock Droid X - Turned nothing on or off.

Last edited:
OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
My phone, Droid #2, is being charged to full. I'll put it through a battery test this afternoon and report back.

littlkj5

Reaction score
My Droid X has a good battery in it.

Charged it fully then went out to the bars. Was on my phone texting, browsing, using apps to show other people for about two hours then passed out and woke up and the battery was at 70%. On that battery screen it said it was unplugged for over 9 hours. Good enough for me.

jjm1975

Reaction score
I got mine on the 15th and must have got a bad battery. I came home and plugged it in to fully charge it. It got up to 80% but would go no higher. I thought that was wierd but used it yesterday all day. Yesterday afternoon i was at 30% then it just dropped to 0%. It would not turn on even after plugging it in.

I took it to the verizon store and they put a new one in. I fully charged it last night to 100% and will see today how it does.

I talked to another guy at the store and he had the exact same issue.

We shall see.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
1 day 3 hours 30 mins of phone up time - 40% battery remaining.

30 mins of phone calls
50 mins of watching a h.264 encoded episode of Fringe (awesome show)
Approx 45 mins of me poking around on the phone moving items around, checking battery status etc.

Not heavy usage at all but there's still 40% of the battery left after all this? Holy cow!

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
If you are having a battery issue I'm going to ask you to try something and post your results.

Turn off your phone, remove your battery for 30 seconds and put it back in. Now check your battery %. Did it suddenly go up?

On Droid #2 I can run it down to 40%, remove the battery as stated above and the phone starts over at 90% and the 2nd time around lasts so much longer.

Droid #1 which I followed battery conditioning standards is nothing but a power house.
Since the photograph I posted above (which was taken at 3pm) the phone

Has watched 2 more videos (approximately 60 mins)

Took a 720p video and uploaded it to youtube with the phone
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzKOe8xlnVY]YouTube - The Flippy Thingy VS The Paper Dragon[/ame] (don't forget to switch the resolution to 720p when watching the youtube video!

Downloaded 10 games and played some of the games before finally giving the 5% battery warning.

Total uptime was 1 day 6 hours 23 mins before it went back on the charger.

Charge time was 1 hour 10 mins to full charge while phone was powered off.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
Just so you know I'm not a total fanboy just yet. I'm absolutely pissed that there's no way to sync Outlook contacts to this phone.

I tried various 3rd party tools but they are purely crap. My last hope is switching my wife's business domain to Google Apps Premier at $50 a user/year. If that doesn't work out and I don't find some other solution I'll be returning the phones even though I love them. I can't have a phone stand in the way of the wife making the big bucks.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
Droid #1 I got 16 hours of use before hitting the 15% battery mark on Sunday. Heavily used by my standards. 20 mins of phone calls, 3 hours of game play, 2 hours of my son watching Batman bootlegs. Checked and answered emails at various times. I leave WIFI turned on constantly now. I see no reason to turn it off.

Droid #2 The battery or hardware must be bad or something. I'll get the 15% battery warning within 2 or 3 hours of almost no usage, pull out the battery, put it back in and it's back to 80%.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
I got my wife's contacts + Calendar problem worked out using Companion Link. Their support was incredibly helpful and worked out every issue I had.

Google Apps Premier is a pile of horse dung.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just so you know I'm not a total fanboy just yet. I'm absolutely pissed that there's no way to sync Outlook contacts to this phone.

I tried various 3rd party tools but they are purely crap. My last hope is switching my wife's business domain to Google Apps Premier at $50 a user/year. If that doesn't work out and I don't find some other solution I'll be returning the phones even though I love them. I can't have a phone stand in the way of the wife making the big bucks.

There is a way to do it. You create csv files and import them. Instructions are in your gmail set up on line.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
Yeah but that's a one time import. I need it to stay sync'd up.

Anyway, Companion Link seems to be doing the trick.

BigB

Reaction score
Thanks, this is one of the most useful threads on here, i got my new droid x and would get 4 hours of heavy internet use (while running pandora). Now, i can get up to six, my battery life went from 50% back up to %80 when i unplugged it.

Sasquatchua

Reaction score
Battery Issues

My previous phone was the LG Dare, and I got used to only having to plug it in about once a week. So after leaving the Droid X on all weekend, naturally yesterday morning around 9:30am it ran out of juice and I didn't get home to charge it again until around 8pm. I had to unplug it around 9:30 through to make a couple calls, then plugged it back in until about 7:30am.

This morning I got on the train and found that I was at around 35%. I had left wifi on so I immediately turned it off... other than that I read email and surfed the web for all of about 10 minutes. Made phone calls for a total of about 10 minutes. BlueTooth off, GPS off, no animated wallpaper or anything. Only open window in the browser was google Reader. Phone died around lunchtime. Anyone else been having trouble where the Droid X seems to be failing to charge? Last night was only like my 4th time charging it.

iclickjohn

Reaction score
Doe pulling the battery stop an app that may be draining the battery. Just had mine run dead in my pocket within a couple hours. I felt it get really warm in my pocket but was too busy to stop and check it. Heard that the new Facebook update may be a problem. I deleted that, so now I'll check. I am loaded with apps as well, so one by one I need to find the problem. I wish there was a foolproof way of testing just the battery itself. And I will also try the battery pull for the fun of it.

stchuna

Reaction score
battery life

I got my droid x on thursday of last week and the battery has been weak since I got it. I can only make two or three phone calls and it drops to 60% I am going to take it back and see what they will do for me. everybody was saving how great the battery is and I am so disappointed