What happen to all the GNex Users?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No wonder you been quiet syndicate, didn't want to reveal you got moved to the dark side:D

Lol. It takes some getting used to for sure. I can't stand the limitations that iOS has so ill probably jailbreak pretty soon. Also I hate all the icons on my homescreens! I was always so minimalistic on Android. The iPhone though has been pretty nice in other aspects. The battery life blows away the Nexus.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Im glad my thread brought out some of the regulars here for discussion. LOL

I get lost when I use the iPhone. haha..some old guy at my gym came up to me and ask if i can help him delete pictures off of his text with his iPhone. I couldnt figure it out. with my nexus i just long press and delete but not the iPhone, you have to press edit, then select then confirm. So Im not sure how is that more 'intuitive' then android?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I still check in from time-to-time. The only issue I have is a lot more random reboots and well the battery still sucks. I've got my eye on phones on the horizon. I have an upgrade due in late April so we will see what's out then. The S3 and Note 2 look compelling but I'm interested to see what happens with the Moto/Google project we keep hearing about.

I think traffic here has died down because 1) the phone is older now and we aren't seeing many new users, 2) people have moved on to other phones, 3) those of us using it still are pretty familiar with its use/issues.

I'd love to see another OTA from VZW but I'm not holding my breath (I let it out after I heard they were going to stop selling it)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think that traffic is slim in most sections on DF because they keep creating device specific forums and drive users to those forums... Those new forums being device specific never get to much traffic to begin with as they are setup for just one device... I loved DF when everything was just here...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think that traffic is slim in most sections on DF because they keep creating device specific forums and drive users to those forums... Those new forums being device specific never get to much traffic to begin with as they are setup for just one device... I loved DF when everything was just here...

Yea but there is still the nice melting pot of topics / phones at the bottom of the home page. One can still get a fix! :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lol. It takes some getting used to for sure. I can't stand the limitations that iOS has so ill probably jailbreak pretty soon. Also I hate all the icons on my homescreens! I was always so minimalistic on Android. The iPhone though has been pretty nice in other aspects. The battery life blows away the Nexus.
Yeah I gotta help my parents with their phones from time to time and I can't navigate the stupid thing quite as easily. And on top of navigating the phone the buttons are too dang small:D

And yeah the 5 rows of icons is annoying.

Im glad my thread brought out some of the regulars here for discussion. LOL

I get lost when I use the iPhone. haha..some old guy at my gym came up to me and ask if i can help him delete pictures off of his text with his iPhone. I couldnt figure it out. with my nexus i just long press and delete but not the iPhone, you have to press edit, then select then confirm. So Im not sure how is that more 'intuitive' then android?
Agreed, I'm starting to think iOS is becoming less and less intuitive. However, like Android, it just takes time for the user of the phone to get used to it. It's a very straightforward OS, but a little too straightforward, especially for us that are used to our Nexus device or any other Android device in general. Now if the iPhone had a proper back button like any other Android device it'd be way more intuitive and user friendly.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I still love the look of the gnex. Its the coolest looking design. I just love the look of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Still have mine, working as good as the day I got it (knocks on wood, just in case lol). Been running some different 4.2.x ROMs, been enjoying them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine is still running strong but may need a new battery soon

MrKleen

Reaction score
My Nex has been wonderful. Currently I am running the Purity ROM with the Purity kernel. It has been amazing and have no desire to flash anything new. Through ROMs this phone has been improving every single month I've owned the phone.

But I am waiting for Verizon to come out with a decent replacement for my Nexus. Its been a great ride with Verizon but if they don't offer a decent phone by December I will take my 5 lines elsewhere. I require a fully unlockable phone without having to wait for exploits. A stock experience since I don't want skins.

If I had to choose something now I would go with the Nexus 4 probably with T-Mobile. I don't mind paying full price to keep my unlimited data since I only pay $10 per line for unlimited data with Verizon. But they need to allow another decent phone. Motorola and HTC no longer seem to be options.

Charmed

Reaction score
Mine is still going strong and I still love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Still on my Nexus here as well. :)

guidot