Need ROM suggestions.

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
As a long time user of the OG Droid. I've decided that I may be upgrading tomorrow to a Galaxy Nexus. I know forsure once I get the phone all settled I am going to root it. Just not sure the qualities between each rom out there for Gnex. So I would like some suggestions from you Gnex users of what would be the best. Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Alot of Nexus users really like AOKP. I personally am on Android Revolution as I haven't really found the time to flash my phone, I'm a bit behind, but I really like the ROM I use.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There are no shortage of good ROMs out there...from ICSourcery to Axiom PZ or as mentioned above AOKP...if you like the flash, try them all :) and congrats on the upcoming gNex!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You gotta find the ROM that's right for you. Suggestions are great, and if I had the time I'd try them all, but the past couple months I can't afford to be "offline" while my phone is being flashed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Alright thanks, would you know what would be a good screen protector for it? One that is immune to scratches, no orange peel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I personally use the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic and love it. Had it on for awhile and not a single scratch and definitely no orange peel effect.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Axiom Crossbreed is what I use right now, and it is fantastic coupled with either Franco or LeanKernel. My phone runs like butter at all times, and retains battery life quite well too!

OP
BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
I personally use the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic and love it. Had it on for awhile and not a single scratch and definitely no orange peel effect.

Doesn't the Oleophobic not cover the whole entire screen though?

xoskin has a great Gnex screen protector.. and u can guess from my signature what is my Rom of choice :biggrin:

Yeah, I actually had the screen protector in mind. Do you use it yourself?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I bought an xtreme guard screen protector for $5. Seems like an amazing protector thus far, have had it on for 2+ weeks now. Covers the whole screen except around the earpiece and camera. The space between the two is covered as well.

I was apprehensive, as you have to make a water/soap solution to install it, but it made installation very easy. I got the protector on perfectly, first try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
I bought an xtreme guard screen protector for $5. Seems like an amazing protector thus far, have had it on for 2+ weeks now. Covers the whole screen except around the earpiece and camera. The space between the two is covered as well.

I was apprehensive, as you have to make a water/soap solution to install it, but it made installation very easy. I got the protector on perfectly, first try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Does it resist scratches and no orange peel effect? Also where did you get it

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Does it resist scratches and no orange peel effect? Also where did you get it

It seems to be made from the same material as Zagg, so far it has resisted scratches for me. I'm not sure about the orange peel effect, but if it is indeed as similar to Zagg as it seems, it should be pretty resistent to orange peel as well. I used Zagg on my DX and never had any type of orange peel.

I bought it on their website, XtremeGuard.com. You can also find them on Amazon as well, and I heard they are like $3 on eBay if you find them on there. For the price, it's a great protector so far, like I said. :)

Last edited: