What happen to all the GNex Users?

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
well, my gnex survive another fall/drop (ran over by snow mobile before). was getting some weird car noises, couldnt figure it out. so i zip tie (3 of them) the gnex to the upper control arm. proceed to drive got up to 40mph (thats when noise started). slow down to a stop go check, phone is gone. :blink: so i had to retrace by running along the street. LOL ran for 1/2 miles, mind you i been seeing other cars driving down the street also, so i was like there goes the phone. BUT i saw it in the middle of the street, battery out, lid slid away, BUT it survive! the cars didnt ran it over, they ran the cover over. :icon_ lala::biggrin::biggrin: put the battery back on, power it up, works perfect. :D no scratch on the screen just the corners.

ps..i still have insurance on mine so i wasnt to worry. :D

sadiqsamm

Reaction score
I am so use to my GNex. I was thinking nexus 4 is going to be moto bit then I guess I have to wait a little bit longer. Different custom ROMs swap and a couple of really nice launchers is keeping me busy. Anybody has a link to pie chart launcher?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I am still a happy GNex user. And I am still around, but I am not as active on forums as I used to be able to be. Not as much free time, and the free time I do get I have been recently putting into video games. I still build and flash ROMs for my device at least once a week.

I am so use to my GNex. I was thinking nexus 4 is going to be moto bit then I guess I have to wait a little bit longer. Different custom ROMs swap and a couple of really nice launchers is keeping me busy. Anybody has a link to pie chart launcher?

[APP] LMT Launcher v1.91 for GNex/Nexus4/Nexus7/GSIII/HD2 and more... (ROOT) - xda-developers

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well I upgraded to the s4 as of 7/3, was a good 18mo run. Even sold it and got a pretty good amount for it to cover around 70% of my new s4:hail:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I upgraded to the s4 as of 7/3, was a good 18mo run. Even sold it and got a pretty good amount for it to cover around 70% of my new s4:hail:

I kept my nexus. Put groove ip on it and use it as a home phone. Mainly use it if my note 2 is close to dead I can charge it up and use my gnex for calls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have my perfectly new looking Nexus on home wifi... Slim bean Rom just sipping battery.. Emergency phone though I don't think I could ever go back to it..

N2 Tap'd

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have my perfectly new looking Nexus on home wifi... Slim bean Rom just sipping battery.. Emergency phone though I don't think I could ever go back to it..

N2 Tap'd

No way, not after the size and speed of the newer hardware!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
my friend broke his a few months ago, so i gave him mine. really didnt want to part with it but he is a good friend and i have a stack of phones :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still using my Galaxy Nexus, have't had any problems with it. Wish they'd make a new one on Verizon, would be the only thing I'd be interested in purchasing. Sadly, what we're getting on Verizon is a bit disappointing.

The One looks interesting, but sense + the button layout, and the fact that it's essentially 6-8 months old is a bit of a turn off.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Still using my Galaxy Nexus, have't had any problems with it. Wish they'd make a new one on Verizon, would be the only thing I'd be interested in purchasing. Sadly, what we're getting on Verizon is a bit disappointing.

The One looks interesting, but sense + the button layout, and the fact that it's essentially 6-8 months old is a bit of a turn off.

Moto X is just around the corner. August 23rd I believe. Or maybe wait for the Droid Ultra!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto X is just around the corner. August 23rd I believe. Or maybe wait for the Droid Ultra!

I'm well aware of them, and neither interest me to be honest. Moto still has a while before Google can help mold them into a better company. Droid Ultra just doesn't look right.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm well aware of them, and neither interest me to be honest. Moto still has a while before Google can help mold them into a better company. Droid Ultra just doesn't look right.

Go s4 or htc and install the Google experience software or aosp ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2