What car dock/case do I "need" ?

trowa

Reaction score
Alright I have the oem moto car dock. It is great in my car but sometimes I drive my wife's POS saturn since it has working A/C. The car vibrates really bad when driving, when in neutral, and in park. It is probably the motor mounts but that isn't my question.

Fast forward to last night. I was in the drive thru waiting on my milkshake and the car was in park. Well the suction cup finally gave way and it fell, hit the dash, then hit the floor. I look at my screen with the invisasheld sticker and I now have a huge scuff mark. I tried to wipe it off and use a tiny drop of water but no dice. It is clearly visible with the screen off. When I use my GPS now it looks like a huge smudge that you can't remove.

My question is what dock should I use now? I don't really want to build a custom dock since I need something that will be able to swap between all of my cars. I am open to buying a hard case and another type of car dock (3rd party) if this will help if the car dock falls again. I don't want another huge scuff mark on my screen again.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I use mounts that securely fit to vehicles from ProClip, Panavise, etc. Suction cups, friction mounts and adhesives just don't cut it IMO.

Harmakhet

Reaction score
The Seidio innocase combined with the traveller car mount has worked great for my wife's car. Had to take it down a couple of weeks after getting it and had a hard time pulling the suction cup even after releasing it. I plan on getting the dock for my car as soon as I have the money.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
The Seidio innocase combined with the traveller car mount has worked great for my wife's car. Had to take it down a couple of weeks after getting it and had a hard time pulling the suction cup even after releasing it. I plan on getting the dock for my car as soon as I have the money.

If I used that and it happen to fall again would the screen be protected? Is the case bulky enough?

Harmakhet

Reaction score

If I used that and it happen to fall again would the screen be protected? Is the case bulky enough?

It would be fairly well protected. The case is actually not too think but it protects pretty good on short falls. The standard Innocase does not have a built in screen protector but they do make the new Rugged combo that includes the 360 case which does have a screen guard. with the standard case, it has a small lip around the edge to do a bit of protection but if you are worried about the screen I would still get a screen protector. You mention the InvisibleSHEILD in your post. Those have a lifetime warranty if it does get scuffed you should be able to replace it for free/cheap. Another one I have used for my gadgets are Ghostarmor which kept it from feeling like an orange peel but protected well.

So the Innocase with a screen protector in the Seidio Traveller dock should work great.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
This proclip seems nice. Anyone have any experience with them?

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had much success with a simple magnet stuck to my dash with my old HTC touch Pro (I had to affix a piece of sheet metal into the battery cover). I have yet to try it with the droid, but it seems like it would be perfect since the droid's case is metal. I am going to try this when I get home... I never thought of it until I read this thread :)

There is no harm done from magnets to cell phones.