Any way to take the magnet out of the Car Dock?

nighthawk700

Reaction score
I've been using the Motorola Car Dock for a few weeks now, and realized, I almost never use the main Car Dock screen on the Droid. Short of buying another car mount, is there a way to remove the magnet so I can use the holder without it turn on the car dock mode?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would suspect you could dremel it out if you really wanted to....

jasonb

Reaction score
are you rooted? if so you can just delete the car dock app. that's what i did.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I did this by taking off the panel with the motorola design on it and just used a small drill bit to drill out the plastic behind the magnet out. Then replaced the front plate and was good to go.

jev

Reaction score
I did this by taking off the panel with the motorola design on it and just used a small drill bit to drill out the plastic behind the magnet out. Then replaced the front plate and was good to go.

You can just pry it out without drilling. I removed mine yesterday by taking the cover off the inside. It came out relatively easy.

Jeremy556

Reaction score

You can just pry it out without drilling. I removed mine yesterday by taking the cover off the inside. It came out relatively easy.
This. Just grab the magnet with some pliers and pull it out.

OP
N

nighthawk700

Reaction score
The app dockblocker also overrides the car dock and I never see the car dock screen anymore. No prying and taking anything apart. :)

I'll give this app a try. If not, out come the pliers!

One thought, if I use this app, that means I wouldn't be able to dock in my cradle at home? (e.g. does it override BOTH docking apps, or you can override one but chose not to override the other?) Granted, I don't use the one at home too often...

Thanks to everyone who answered!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dockblocker lets you choose which one (or both) you want to block :D

OP
N

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Okay, so I used Dockblocker today. But for some reason, the GPS on my Droid put me in NY, around Binghamton. Yet I was driving around Northern VA at the time. (maybe that's why it took a long time to get a fix as well?) I turned the GPS off and on again. Another long time for a fix, and yep, still in NY. I looked around me, but they were the usual streets and stores I'm used to, so I didn't enter some kind of transwarp. I won't be able to play around with it again for a while, (at least until Saturday night) but will have to see if it's the program, or something else that happened. Weird stuff.