What do you attach your car dock to?

greyghost04

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about someone breaking the passenger window than the suction not working. Thieves see the holder in the window and think, oh the gps is in the glove box. You guys probably all live in better neighborhoods than me so you don't have to worry about that.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dash Mount, I'm sure the suction cup is strong, I still don't want to take that risk. It looks better on the dash anyways. (Car Dock by Motorola)

GerryG35

Reaction score
I've had the Motorola car mount on my windshield since early December without any problems. I have it as far left and as low as I could mount it. I'm a southpaw so it works great for me in that position.

skidemn

Reaction score
Title just about says it all. Do you window-mount or dash-mount?

Can you leave the car dock attached 24/7? I'm concerned about the suction cup giving out if I leave it up constantly.
the suction mount is mechanical. most suction cups fail because they become too soft, too flat or become brittle. as long as the rubber remains flexible, the suction will perform as expected.

The other problem with poor quality window mounts is air volume or I guess more accurately, vacuum area behind the cup. As the air pressure changes with heat/cold cycles, the cup can fall off if there is not enough volume to assure suction pressure remains high enough to ensure it stays affixed to the window. If you've ever stuck one on the window in a cold morning and come out in the afternoon to find it on the floor, you know what I mean.