What are the latest specs for Bionic

akhi216

Reaction score
That is what I believed until I read on XDA forums is that it is not true!!!

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Looking for the post.. I will post the link when I find it

I missed this post. Good heads up.

Go Back to the post above. I posted some of the links.

Got it... This is amazing. So the Bionic is on par with the SGSII in terms of RAM allocation and amount. This is great news. Make my decision easier.

kparks

Reaction score
That is not a confirmation. Android community is just repeating what has been said by others. The screen will be 4.3".

@Preach - I find it rather ironic how you could claim that the screen will be 4.3" when hundreds of sites are saying otherwise and correct my usage of the word "conformation," when Motorola itself said that the original Bionic had been scrapped for a new one with an "improved form factor." Would you by any chance have a link that has a confirmation that the screen will be 4.3" or was that just your guess?

I'm with Preach on this one. Even though "hundreds" of sites are reporting 4.5", I haven't seen ONE of those sites that has a source other than the original leaked photo of the Bionic next to the Defy but thinking it was next to a different phone. If you can find a site that has a source quoting no less than 2nd-hand information from Motorola or a tester that it has a 4.5" screen I'm all ears. But when they all tie back to the same incorrect assumption, I can't call that confirmation.

Brandon

Not to smart to doubt preach lol... There is by far more knowledge in these threads then on most websites some website get info from this site actually Haha.. and in the pic its def looking like a 4.3 to me also.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
That is not a confirmation. Android community is just repeating what has been said by others. The screen will be 4.3".

@Preach - I find it rather ironic how you could claim that the screen will be 4.3" when hundreds of sites are saying otherwise and correct my usage of the word "conformation," when Motorola itself said that the original Bionic had been scrapped for a new one with an "improved form factor." Would you by any chance have a link that has a confirmation that the screen will be 4.3" or was that just your guess?

I'm with Preach on this one. Even though "hundreds" of sites are reporting 4.5", I haven't seen ONE of those sites that has a source other than the original leaked photo of the Bionic next to the Defy but thinking it was next to a different phone. If you can find a site that has a source quoting no less than 2nd-hand information from Motorola or a tester that it has a 4.5" screen I'm all ears. But when they all tie back to the same incorrect assumption, I can't call that confirmation.

Brandon

I agree that it's not a confirmation and stood corrected by Preach on that. I was at a loss of words and rushing at the time, hence the (?) next to the word confirmation in my first post on this thread.

akhi216

Reaction score

Brandon

Not to smart to doubt preach lol... There is by far more knowledge in these threads then on most websites some website get info from this site actually Haha.. and in the pic its def looking like a 4.3 to me also.

Yup. I stand corrected.

kparks

Reaction score

Brandon

Yup. I stand corrected.

I'm just giving u a hard time lol..

kurumatt

Reaction score
I guess I have to wait and see. The wait is killing me, I been with my OG droid for 23 months now. Its time for it to get retired.

Reaction score
yeah those hundreds of sites also went with pop heralds suggestion of an early july launch... man those bloggers ran with that one lol

anuraj1

Reaction score

Brandon

This information is not correct, the screen size wasn't just a guessed number. The 4.5 inch screen info came from the source of the leak, a chinese website that had their hands on the device. How do I know this? I'm the person that sent it in as a tip to Droid-Life in the first place after a long thorough search for Bionic info. You can see their post about more Bionic pictures, and it says "Cheers Raj" at the bottom.

This is the link I sent them, which has some higher res versions of the pictures we have all seen:

PhoneHK °Q½×°Ï - Motorola - ¥X GSM ª©´N¦n°Õ - ·sª© MOTO DROID Bionic ¿Ò·ÓÃn¥ú - powered by Discuz!

It is in traditional Chinese (that's why there are all those random characters) but if you're using Chrome, you can translate it on the fly.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Brandon

This information is not correct, the screen size wasn't just a guessed number. The 4.5 inch screen info came from the source of the leak, a chinese website that had their hands on the device. How do I know this? I'm the person that sent it in as a tip to Droid-Life in the first place after a long thorough search for Bionic info. You can see their post about more Bionic pictures, and it says "Cheers Raj" at the bottom.

This is the link I sent them, which has some higher res versions of the pictures we have all seen:

PhoneHK °Q½×°Ï - Motorola - ¥X GSM ª©´N¦n°Õ - ·sª© MOTO DROID Bionic ¿Ò·ÓÃn¥ú - powered by Discuz!

It is in traditional Chinese (that's why there are all those random characters) but if you're using Chrome, you can translate it on the fly.

I saw that that was changed also from the Atrix to the Defy!!! I went to that site when it was first put on Droid Life.

If you can look at the pictures and try a comparison for yourself. What I did was match my Storm 1 against my DX and the first thing I noticed is that it looked the same length as the The Defy and The Bionic. Take it or leave it we will find out in 3 weeks.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Right, I know the Chinese source is the only one that lists it at 4.5". But I'm not trusting something I can't translate myself to know how exactly they come down to that number. Just looking at it in the webtop gives me skepticism that it's actually 4.5".

Look at the Atrix in the webtop: http://dropskip.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/atrix2photo.jpg

That's actually an excellent point and a good example to compare the two phones. Personally, I can believe that the phone is a half inch bigger than the Atrix with these pics.

click

248214_1998801243201_1038615681_2250848_5510881_n.jpg

bplewis24

Reaction score
I believe the phone may be but I'm not sure about the screen. I guess we will find out (hopefully) within the next few weeks. I'm still not sure why Verizon/Moto are so quiet about this.

Brandon

akhi216

Reaction score
I believe the phone may be but I'm not sure about the screen. I guess we will find out (hopefully) within the next few weeks. I'm still not sure why Verizon/Moto are so quiet about this.

Brandon

VZW and Moto are so quiet because the Bionic will be their flagship phone. Can't allow competitors to get their filthy claws on "war secrets."

anuraj1

Reaction score

Brandon

Very true, the phone looks like it could be .5 inches bigger but who knows about the screen. I really hope we get this on July 28th, I feel like I have been waiting for this phone forever!