Droid Bionic vs Atrix ?

shdowman

Reaction score
If the Atrix is indeed coming to vzw this year, that will hands down be my next phone (not that anyone cares lol). Accessories (docks) will have come down in price and while the phones look similar..I have been on my fascinate for a few months now and think a 4" screen is perfect. Also, 8mp or 5mp camera? It doesn't matter. Unless moto has does some extensive work with the sensor...they both will suck (and be the same) c'mon guys, you all know how much mp's mean...nada. Droid X vs. Iphone need I say more?

Yeah...we'll see if this is true. Although I will say I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case. These phones are WAY too similar for me to see vzw releasing both. I could see Sprint getting the cdma variant. But here's to wishful thinking!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Atrix dock price has been stated as $599!!! (if you buy at the time of the phone, it will be $500 total for device and dock)

This idea is DOA. Anyone who pays this is out of their mind. You can buy a net book for $300.

Moto's dock is a failure IMO.... and it's not even out.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Okay.....thats settles that for me....lol

What in the world....are they trying to capitalize of all the attention its getting????

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that AT&T is getting the better phone. I know the hardware is basically the same, but I would love the 1GB of RAM, the peripherals (docks!), and fingerprint reader. I hope we get some good accessory options. Is there any difference between this device and the LG Optimus 2X?

Edit:
Bionic has a bigger battery than Optimus 2X.

Bionic also has a bigger screen with more pixels

Optimus 2X should be GSM (Global)
I really don't think AT&T is getting the better phone...I see no reason why I would want to use my phone "as a computer." I have a laptop for that; it just seems too much a gimmick to me...I want the Bionic for sure! :icon_ banana:

Rento

Reaction score
Isn't the Bionic unlocked vs the Atrix locked?

If so, that's the biggest dealbreak of all... Can anyone say 2Ghz overclock??? :icon_eek:

OP
Haloman800

Haloman800

Reaction score
@Rento the Bionic will most certainly be locked, as well as the Atrix.. Unless something insane has happened that I didn't hear about in the last week.

From what I've heard, the 512 extra MB of RAM the Atrix has is simply for the laptop, it can't even be taken advantage of just on the phone.

The laptop dock costs $599.99, $500.00 if you buy at time of phone purchase.

The Atrix has a worse camera 5MP compared to the Bionic's 8mp,, and is smaller, 4.0 compared to Bionic's 4.3.

The Bionic is the better phone.

Rento

Reaction score
Hopefully it'll be unlocked, or someone finds a way to unlock it.

4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolutions, i'd rather stick to 4.0, I just don't really wanna switch to ATT despite it being cheaper and working better in rural areas...

wdcoff

Reaction score
@Rento, I'm not sure where you live, but in rural MO Verizon gets way better coverage.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

i can read

Reaction score
@ Rento, I've been through many rural areas and Verizon had coverage rather than ATT having none at all so not sure where you live so you might

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
Hate to add to the pile, but Verizon rules rural Ohio here too.

thedroidkey

Reaction score
Bionic the atrix is a sham 5 mp camara 1gb ram(for laptop hugging) im not sure if the atrix has HDMI droid bionic all the way.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
No docking , no buy!
Without the docking it is just another plain phone , not any better than a iPhone.

totaly sharky

Reaction score
No docking , no buy!
Without the docking it is just another plain phone , not any better than a iPhone.

...I hope that's a joke. The hardware alone in the bionic is superior to the iPhone. Not to mention the dock on it's own costs $500 and you are required to sign a $50 a month 2 year contract with AT&T. On top of all that, the dock its self doesn't work without the phone since it doesn't have any moving parts. What part of that sounds appealing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App