LG Optimus 2X scores high on Quadrant benchmark test, Motorola ATRIX 4G surpasses it

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
LG-Optimus-2X-scores-high-on-Quadrant-benchmark-test-Motorola-ATRIX-4G-surpasses-it.jpg

Motorola Atrix and LG Otimus 2X put up some impressive Quadrant benchmark Scores. For the new wave of dual-core handsets was going to the LG Optimus 2X.

The LG Optimus 2X was overshadowed bythe Best in Show Motorola ATRIX 4G, not to forget the manufacturer's DROID Bionic. But the guys at TechBlog might have started the buzz for the Optimus 2X all over again following the Quadrant benchmark test that the LG model was put through. That is, until a video of the ATRIX 4G's own Quadrant benchmark test was revealed.

According Kevin, while the video shows a 2500 result for the Motorola ATRIX 4G, another time the handset scored 2700 although the video was not as clear. The bottom line is that like the events in Las Vegas, it looks like the LG Optimus 2X (headed for T-Mobile as we reported) is playing second fiddle once again to AT&T's own dual-core Superphone.

[video=youtube;xndHy-kSJv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xndHy-kSJv4[/video]

[video=youtube;IG8hkTCQc5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG8hkTCQc5k[/video]

Source

TinGodz

Reaction score
I really hope they make a CDMA Optimus 2X. That would be sick. I really don't want to switch to TMobile, but this fun is too sweet to pass up.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not impressed. Overclocked OG droid running Jrummy 1200 get's me 1600. I'd like a new slimmer phone with a nice screen but I doubt if I'd notice a speed difference.

Honestly I wonder why I'd replace the original droid at this point.

All I want is..

No keyboard.
Dual Processors going FAST
No Blur or overlays.
Great speaker like the Droid has.
NO front camera. What a waste.
Light and cool looking.

Until then I keep the Droid.

UNC

Reaction score
Not impressed. Overclocked OG droid running Jrummy 1200 get's me 1600. I'd like a new slimmer phone with a nice screen but I doubt if I'd notice a speed difference.

Honestly I wonder why I'd replace the original droid at this point.

All I want is..

No keyboard.
Dual Processors going FAST
No Blur or overlays.
Great speaker like the Droid has.
NO front camera. What a waste.
Light and cool looking.

Until then I keep the Droid.

No front camera? That doesn't make sense, all the other phones will have it soon and video calls will become the norm.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed with these stock phone scores. Some nice scores for out the box, no overclock.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not impressed. Overclocked OG droid running Jrummy 1200 get's me 1600.

Still over 50% faster than your OC'd D1, and that's with Android and Quadrant not optimized for dual core processors.

And if you saw the video pitting the Optimus 2X against the IPhone on a browser comparison you'd notice a huge difference in performance with the Optimus loading video well before the IPhone finishes rendering the same page(with no video). And that test was both on wifi (which LTE will have comparable speeds), so when you add LTE vs 3G into the mix it's an absolute bloody beatdown.

Big Ry

Reaction score
This is not helping my jealousy that AT&T gets the matrix and we don't :(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol!

Its funny that I just happen to move to a weak reception area for Verizon in Nov 2010.....my dilemma: do I wait to see if 4G helps, do I try Sprint or AT&T? Feedback from folks at work (I live near my job), its between Sprint and AT&T or stick it out with Verizon.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
If you happen to have an area with weak reception, I say switch. Sprint for the cheap plans and unlimited data, or At&t for the Atrix - but lose unlimited data. If you're around WiFi a lot or don't use a lot of data, I say go with At&t.

Sent from my Droid

bertowski

Reaction score
Those scores look excellent to me. I also want to know how close the bionic will be nipping at the heels of the Atrix. If its not by much then I found my next phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is not helping my jealousy that AT&T gets the matrix and we don't :(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I thought the Bionic and the Atrix were the same basic phone?

And to follow up, it looks like the biggest difference is the Bionic will only have 512MB of RAM vs. 1GB for the Atrix.

I do seriously wonder sometimes why VZW always goes for the lowest specced device in a family. It seems like the same thing with the Fascinate; that seems to be the lowest-end Galaxy S device.

It seems like VZW is so concerned with profits that the thought of giving us an extra $10 worth of RAM is incomprehensible.

riko540

Reaction score
Meh I don't use the Incredible to play games (yet) and the only time I use the internet is when I am at work which I get a poor signal when I'm in the building anyways. The phone does exactly what I need it to do for right now.

Now when Sony announces the Playstation phone then I will be interested in the scores.