LG Optimus 2X scores high on Quadrant benchmark test, Motorola ATRIX 4G surpasses it

aka_rob

Reaction score
This is not helping my jealousy that AT&T gets the matrix and we don't :(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I thought the Bionic and the Atrix were the same basic phone?

And to follow up, it looks like the biggest difference is the Bionic will only have 512MB of RAM vs. 1GB for the Atrix.

I do seriously wonder sometimes why VZW always goes for the lowest specced device in a family. It seems like the same thing with the Fascinate; that seems to be the lowest-end Galaxy S device.

It seems like VZW is so concerned with profits that the thought of giving us an extra $10 worth of RAM is incomprehensible.

The bionic will also not support the netbook dock that that atrix will. So far it seems to me that the LG will be as good if not better than the moto, not sure where the thunderbolt fits in the mix. I'm due for an upgrade on the 17th of Feb.. I will not get the iphone, I'm hoping to get some hands on time with each of the 4g phones before I buy a new one.

aka_rob

Reaction score
Meh I don't use the Incredible to play games (yet) and the only time I use the internet is when I am at work which I get a poor signal when I'm in the building anyways. The phone does exactly what I need it to do for right now.

Now when Sony announces the Playstation phone then I will be interested in the scores.

My guess is that any PS phone will be gsm.
Has Verizon ever had a Sony phone?

Watch this video.. kind of disappointing huh..

[video=youtube;-6szkDakwGM]http://youtu.be/-6szkDakwGM?hd=1"]http://youtu.be/-6szkDakwGM?hd=1[/video]

UNC

Reaction score
Meh I don't use the Incredible to play games (yet) and the only time I use the internet is when I am at work which I get a poor signal when I'm in the building anyways. The phone does exactly what I need it to do for right now.

Now when Sony announces the Playstation phone then I will be interested in the scores.

[video=youtube;-6szkDakwGM]http://youtu.be/-6szkDakwGM?hd=1[/video]

To paraphrase....
"Just like the Atrix its quite laggy"

Android will never be as smooth as iOS... it is an inescaple fact that anyone with Virtual Machine knowledge knows... code run thru a VM will NEVER be as fast as Native code, that's why on nVidia's own graph of Tegra graphical performance, the dual-core nVidia-powered Android devices are only on par with iPhone 3gs graphically...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Choppy and laggy. wow. Android not optimized for dual core yet, and that will be far more polished when it actually goes on sale in 3-4 months.

My D1 is more responsive than that. There's no way that's a finished product.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Holy cow! Hey unc why don't you find a nice apple forum. Everytime I see your name apple is right behind.if you are that infatuated w/ apple please a forum that shares your opinion.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Holy cow! Hey unc why don't you find a nice apple forum. Everytime I see your name apple is right behind.if you are that infatuated w/ apple please a forum that shares your opinion.

It seems to me he is trying to prove something.. He must be insecure about the phone so easy even a caveman can use it....:)

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The software on that phone isn't even half way done. That's why the phone isn't coming out for a while. Has a long ways to go. So honestly, you can't expect their to be very responsive.

If you guys want to get an idea of how it'll run, check out the videos on the Motorola Atrix.

Sent from my Droid

riko540

Reaction score

They use to at one time but not anymore. I probably won't stick with Verizon forever anyways. I like the coverage but the service is expensive.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

They use to at one time but not anymore. I probably won't stick with Verizon forever anyways. I like the coverage but the service is expensive.

The Quadrant score the Bionic put up is an score for an unfinished phone. And it still was pretty high.. Wait for the Finish phone quadrant before you jump ship.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont think the Bionic will score as high as the Atrix, that extra RAM should make it have higher scores.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I dont think the Bionic will score as high as the Atrix, that extra RAM should make it have higher scores.

With the extra ram being for the notepad. I think it will be the same.. Also I heard a rumor about the Bionic being upgraded to 1g of Ram. What I heard is that it will be the same phone but have the same capabilities as the Atrix.. Take it as a rumor right now.. I am searching for proof and also I asked Black_Man_X on twitter to see if he had heard something.. If I get the proof I will post the video where it was mentioned..

cb2000a

Reaction score
I really like the Atrix. But I really DO NOT like ATT. They have a horrible upgrade record for their Android phones and have ridiculous data charges and limits. I will probably go with the Bionic.

UNC

Reaction score

Sadly my iPhone is a 3gs, so it won't work worth a darn here. Verizon FTW!

I am on this forum because android does not do all of what it can without consulting other people who also own Android devices... I also contribute a lot to people who don't understand android themselves.

Btw, I've probably owned more android devices than 99% of the people here. I've had a G1, MT3G, ADP1, Droid 1 and Droid Inc...
So why wouldn't I be here? Because I know that a phone I can't use right now is better than the one I have? That's bologna!

I also know that a Ferrari is better than my Mustang, so should I join a Ferrari forum and leave the Ford ones??? Since the Ferrari is not available to me, I think that would be quite silly...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App