cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
View attachment 64610
droid_ultra.png

We'd like to officially welcome everyone to the Motorola Droid Ultra forums! With this handset still in the shadows and details still very scarce, it is looking more and more like it could end up being a top notch handset with some very impressive specs. Until the official announcement we'll keep our ear to the ground for all the latest Droid Ultra rumors...

Anyone waiting for this handset to drop?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's the best picture of it I have seen so far. I am eligible for an upgrade next month and would consider one if the price is decent.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
anyone know the release date?

The entire new Droid line is available for pre-order now on Verizon's website. I believe the in store availability date is August 20th.

recDNA

Reaction score
August 20 for the Ultra and Maxx and August 29 for the Mini.

I'm very interested but how can anyone be expected to preorder without some specs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Reaction score
Just found em. GS4 specs look better. No quad core, no full hd. Looks like the big advantage is battery life period.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

recDNA

Reaction score

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Wow! Ya, LOVE the 3 gig ram with octacore but 5.7 inches way to big for me to carry. I also wanted to buy a new phone this fall.

Same here. I'd probably have the Note 2 right now if I could figure out how I'm going to carry it.

recDNA

Reaction score
Same here. I'd probably have the Note 2 right now if I could figure out how I'm going to carry it.

I may buy one to use as a tablet unless the gs5 comes out with similar specs. I don't want huge but if it were out today I would buy it today. The specs are amazing. I've been screaming for more ram. Somebody listened. I wonder when vzw will get it?

indee2025

Reaction score
Just found em. GS4 specs look better. No quad core, no full hd. Looks like the big advantage is battery life period.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]HUH? Come again?
[/FONT]
The S4 has a Quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm OR the 1.6 GHz Octa-core ( One is an international device the other is not, example: Verizon version does not have the Octacore. )
The S4 runs Touchwiz ontop of Android, which is notorious for causing lag while navigating through the device menus.

People get too wrapped up in numbers...a higher number doesn't always translate into better performance, look at the iPhone 5 (A6 1.3 GHz 1GB Ram), I don't like Apple's policies of locking everything down or how doing anything on the iPhone costs at least .99 cents, but I've owned an iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3 with better specs on paper than the iPhone 5 did not offer me a better experience...for what I do, Android suits me best, but if I had to choose between an iPhone 5 or a Galaxy S3 I'd choose the iPhone and hope I could trade it for a Droid DNA, that's another story...

The Droid Ultra has a Motorola X8 processor....it's a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4Pro family processor (1.7GHz Dual-Core Krait CPU, Quad-Core Adreno 320 GPU), a natural language processor and a contextual computing processor.

• 4 graphics processor cores
  • 2 application processor cores
  • 2 low-power cores—runs when you're not using the device to save battery and serves as a wake up for the rest of the processor when you want to actively use the device.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]HUH? Come again?
[/FONT]
The S4 has a Quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm OR the 1.6 GHz Octa-core ( One is an international device the other is not, example: Verizon version does not have the Octacore. )
The S4 runs Touchwiz ontop of Android, which is notorious for causing lag while navigating through the device menus.

People get too wrapped up in numbers...a higher number doesn't always translate into better performance, look at the iPhone 5 (A6 1.3 GHz 1GB Ram), I don't like Apple's policies of locking everything down or how doing anything on the iPhone costs at least .99 cents, but I've owned an iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3 with better specs on paper than the iPhone 5 did not offer me a better experience...for what I do, Android suits me best, but if I had to choose between an iPhone 5 or a Galaxy S3 I'd choose the iPhone and hope I could trade it for a Droid DNA, that's another story...

The Droid Ultra has a Motorola X8 processor....it's a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4Pro family processor (1.7GHz Dual-Core Krait CPU, Quad-Core Adreno 320 GPU), a natural language processor and a contextual computing processor.

• 4 graphics processor cores
  • 2 application processor cores
  • 2 low-power cores—runs when you're not using the device to save battery and serves as a wake up for the rest of the processor when you want to actively use the device.

The new X8 processor made a lot more sense to me after reading this interview:

Top Motorola engineer defends Moto X specs (Q&A) - CNET Mobile

The engineer states a lot of what you said in your post, indee2025. Maybe numbers on paper don't really mean much anymore when comparing phones. I am not a tech expert, but what Motorola is doing with the X Phone and new line of Droid's sounds pretty good to me. I plan on getting one of them later this year when I am eligible.

indee2025

Reaction score
The new X8 processor made a lot more sense to me after reading this interview:

Top Motorola engineer defends Moto X specs (Q&A) - CNET Mobile

The engineer states a lot of what you said in your post, indee2025. Maybe numbers on paper don't really mean much anymore when comparing phones. I am not a tech expert, but what Motorola is doing with the X Phone and new line of Droid's sounds pretty good to me. I plan on getting one of them later this year when I am eligible.

That's a great article, highlights some of what I'm trying to explain...Especially the part about how Motorola is redefining the way smartphones are constructed, by adding several processors to handle diffrent functions...There is a fast dual core for computing, another processor for language input and additional processor beyond those 2 for gestures, not to mention a dedicated graphics processor...

I don't really think it makes sense to compare any smartphone specs to he Moto X device because they are not even setup the same way, the real test would be performance, not just a simple benchmark test, but actually using the features, how well does the hands free capabililty work, how well do gestures work, how well does it play games and surf the web, does the battery run down at a slower rate than other devices performing similar tasks, etc etc

Good find on the article Sajokaz