Welcome to the HTC One Forums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We'd like to welcome our friends from the other carriers who are fortunate enough to get their hands on this beautiful piece of hardware to the HTCD One Forums! No official word if Big Red will be carrying this handset, but there are plenty of VZW customers keeping their fingers crossed.

Enjoy the forums!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
We moved back to T-Mobile this week - had one for a few days now. Glad we'll be supporting it to some extent here!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
How's your coverage been?,talk and data.

I live in the DFW Metroplex, where T-Mobile (well all of the majors really) is pretty solid. Their HSPA+42 rocks compared to AT&T's HSPA+, it's almost LTE speeds in some places, but it's not LTE obviously. Indoors is where you see more issues, but that's somewhat a GSM issue more than just a T-Mobile issue.

HD Voice is really really nice - calls are so loud and clear. I wish Verizon would've picked it up, but I can understand why not if they're focusing on VoLTE.

LTE is supposed to rollout here in July, so we'll see how that goes. But even if it's bumpy, having HSPA+42 to fall back on is more than sufficient, and a heck of a lot faster than Verizon's CDMA - not near as reliable or widespread or 'building-penetrating', but very fast. And again, since we live where we do and rarely travel, hopefully not having Verizon's CDMA won't matter to us too often. (edit: Verizon's CDMA gives me a good signal in the depths of my building, but their LTE stops about 20 yards before I walk in, every time. Tmo's HSPA+ holds strong in my office, so I actually get faster data speeds in my office, unless I go to the depths of the restroom ;))

Even if it's not as good as Verizon, we're going to save roughly $60-70 per month for basically the same usage, so that'll help keep things in perspective. :)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thxz for responding,Ill have mine W-Thurs really looking forward to it.Plz tell me how you get to the widgets.I was in AT&T playing with One:biggrin: and for the life of me,I couldnt figure it out.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We moved back to T-Mobile this week - had one for a few days now. Glad we'll be supporting it to some extent here!
Hopefully this section gets cranking. We'll continue to build on it if it becomes popular. Sky's the limit, so invite everyone you know with a ONE to the playground :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long-press the home screen and it'll bring up a screen with widgets and/or apps. There's a dropdown to change it to widgets if it's not already on them.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I had the one for 2 days on T-Mobile and it is a great device. Unfortunately tmobiles customer service is terrible and could not port my number over from Verizon. Don't ask me why? Anyway had to cancel T-Mobile service. I'm hearing Verizon may be getting it after all though. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the one for 2 days on T-Mobile and it is a great device. Unfortunately tmobiles customer service is terrible and could not port my number over from Verizon. Don't ask me why? Anyway had to cancel T-Mobile service. I'm hearing Verizon may be getting it after all though. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

That's too bad. Don't get me wrong, VZW's customer service is 2nd to none, but I've never had any major problems with T-Mobile's. But I also have "a guy" at my local store who is really good.

jamjr74

Reaction score
That's too bad. Don't get me wrong, VZW's customer service is 2nd to none, but I've never had any major problems with T-Mobile's. But I also have "a guy" at my local store who is really good.

Yeah I've attempted to join T-Mobile twice in last 6 months. The first time they messed up porting my number and it SAS lost in limbo for 4 days. I was able to get number back to Verizon thanks to Verizon's help. Now when I tried to port T-Mobile tells me the number is already on tmobile even though I am using it with Verizon. Tmobiles customer service has been really poor IMO. I've never had an issue with Verizon so I guess I'm gonna stay put.

Sent from my Galaxy S3