VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
new customer question....

I am not a new customer but my significant other is looking to be. We have noticed the deals on Amazon (droid for a penny etc) and wondered if it's possible for her to take advantage of these deals and still be added to a new family share plan?

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Quick question...... My wife is the mainline on our family plan.....we got switched over from Alltel. Does this mean that my phone will never be eligible for the new every two???? But yet her dumb chocolate will be???

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Quick question...... My wife is the mainline on our family plan.....we got switched over from Alltel. Does this mean that my phone will never be eligible for the new every two???? But yet her dumb chocolate will be???

New Every Two is usually for the primary line only. It also depends on how much your line is per month too though. The primary pays the bulk of the monthly rate so NE2 and Annual Upgrades are only for them.

chaz.ring

Reaction score

New Every Two is usually for the primary line only. It also depends on how much your line is per month too though. The primary pays the bulk of the monthly rate so NE2 and Annual Upgrades are only for them.

My line is by far the more expensive line....its just my wife and myself..... its a lil' confusing though because they offered up the DINC as a free upgrade to me and gave another free phone to my wife when we made the switch to over from Alltel. We were told by the VZW assoc. that both phones were on the NE2.....also VZW gives us my works 20% discount on our total bill...not just the data or voice, which seems odd after reading these threads.....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

My line is by far the more expensive line....its just my wife and myself..... its a lil' confusing though because they offered up the DINC as a free upgrade to me and gave another free phone to my wife when we made the switch to over from Alltel. We were told by the VZW assoc. that both phones were on the NE2.....also VZW gives us my works 20% discount on our total bill...not just the data or voice, which seems odd after reading these threads.....

That's what I was referring to when I said usually for the primary only..there are exceptions depending on the amount of each line though. The discount part IS odd because even government accounts are broken down by voice, data, accessories, and activation waiver. Your My Verizon account will show NE2 credits though. Worse come to worse, make YOUR line the primary and there will be no problem.

JesterMX6

Reaction score
can any light be shed on whether we'll be able to keep our same plan when verizon switches to a tiered data program?
i have no problem staying with VZW and paying full retail for new phones as long as i'm not forced to "upgrade" to a tiered data plan

vatothe0

Reaction score
can any light be shed on whether we'll be able to keep our same plan when verizon switches to a tiered data program?
i have no problem staying with VZW and paying full retail for new phones as long as i'm not forced to "upgrade" to a tiered data plan

Once the plans are announced, details on how it works will become available.

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

joker402

Reaction score
you will be granfathered if they change it for 3g

JollyRoger

Reaction score
Curious question about exchanges. I recently, 09/14/10, took advantage of the BOGO offer VZW was offering on the Fascinate. I bought one and got another one for my wife. I tried the Fascinate for 3 weeks and decided I liked the Droid X a bit better and went in to exchange my Fascinate for the X, which should have been an even swap, IMO. But upon getting through most of the exchange I was told that since the BOGO for the Fascinate no longer was availalble, I would have to pay $299 for the X and get the $100 debit card rebate in the mail. I was told separately by a VZW buddy of mine that the offer should extend through the 30 day period. Who is right here? I would really like to get the X, but not going to pay $$ for it. I was totally cool with the $35 restock fee and such and my wife is keeping her Fascinate which is the one I paid for. I don't know, it just seem shady.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Curious question about exchanges. I recently, 09/14/10, took advantage of the BOGO offer VZW was offering on the Fascinate. I bought one and got another one for my wife. I tried the Fascinate for 3 weeks and decided I liked the Droid X a bit better and went in to exchange my Fascinate for the X, which should have been an even swap, IMO. But upon getting through most of the exchange I was told that since the BOGO for the Fascinate no longer was availalble, I would have to pay $299 for the X and get the $100 debit card rebate in the mail. I was told separately by a VZW buddy of mine that the offer should extend through the 30 day period. Who is right here? Iw oudl really like to get the X, but not going to pay $$ for it. I was totally cool with the $35 restock fee and such and my wife is keeping her Fascinate which is the one I pad for. I don't know, it just seem shady.

The store was correct. You would need to purchase the X. Whether the manager chooses to honor it or not via manager discretion is up to them.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After I read this story, my heart can't be calm once in a very long while, shock! Why would like a son! In forum in

horizontal network in my life, from thinking any further can't there isany a son can move me, have never thought today to

see such a masterly of such a post. The building Lord, is you let me comprehend the 'someone outside the person, behind the

words. Thank you! In this post after watching, I did not reply immediately, because I am afraid my vulgar reply will be

defiled the Internet postings. But I seldom reply or because you think, if not in a son, leaving behind own net that I

would never judgment! In a son left behind his net is how proud one thing! The selfish, please forgive me! I know no matter

how magnificent words to describe your card is wonderful, are false, so I just want to say: your post is too good-looking!

I would like to see on the life!

Saaaaay whaaaaaat???? :icon_eek:

adamb83

Reaction score
Hey all,

Question about upgrading my phone. I'm interested in buying the Samsung fascinate, and I see that amazon has it for 99.99 dollars if I am extending my two year contract, as the primary account holder. However, it costs 149.99 for the non-primary account holder. My mom (the primary account), and I are both up for new phones. Can I purchase the phone using her account, and then simply go into the store and have them switch it to my phone number? Just trying to save 50 dollars if possible.

Thanks!
Adam

ionide

Reaction score
Hey all,

Question about upgrading my phone. I'm interested in buying the Samsung fascinate, and I see that amazon has it for 99.99 dollars if I am extending my two year contract, as the primary account holder. However, it costs 149.99 for the non-primary account holder. My mom (the primary account), and I are both up for new phones. Can I purchase the phone using her account, and then simply go into the store and have them switch it to my phone number? Just trying to save 50 dollars if possible.

Thanks!
Adam

yes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.