VZW reps really are clueless about their own policies!!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So I gave VZW a call today to get their input on my plan to keep my unlimited plans. I just wanted to see what their responses would be. My current plan is to transfer my two available upgrades on my feature phone lines to my two data lines to lock in the unlimited. Had originally planned on getting two galaxy SIII's and selling them. But decided to get an SIII and get my daughter an iPhone 4S to replace her iPhone 4. It is going to be her birthday present.

So my question to them was if I purchase the 4S now would it be an issue if it wasn't activated until August. The rep told me I would have to activate it within a certain period of time or I would not be grandfathered in. Ok that makes zero sense. Once I purchase the 4S at the subsidized price my contract is locked in. What does it matter if I activate the 4S the day I receive it or a month later. She says it has to be activated within a certain period of time to lock in the features of the plan. Ok but I already do that when I purchase the phone and agree to the terms of the new contract. That locks the plan features. She agrees but again says it has to be activated within a certain period of time. I ask what time frame and she doesn't have an answer. She says "I don't know what time frame but you can do what you want". Do what I want?? What kind of answer is that???

Am I missing something here???

Boggles the mind.

nikecar

Reaction score
Activate the new phone then switch back

skennelly

Reaction score
I don't understand that logic. IMO, that is like saying if you buy a phone off contract (either ebay or full retail) that your plan would change when you activate it... Makes no sense. I think that VZW rep is just full of it.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Made no sense to me either. When I buy it my contract is locked in for two years no matter what. What would activating the phone have anything to do with it.

SiGfever

Reaction score
That is when you say..."Let me speak to your supervisor's supervisor"! :biggrin:

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That is when you say..."Let me speak to your supervisor's supervisor"! :biggrin:

That apparently came from a supervisor. I was sick of talking with her anyway. Sounded like she had a mouthful of, well.... Had no personality and was not even trying to be helpful.