vzw rant

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
It makes me so annoyed hearing vzw reps talk out of their kiesters. I know more about these phones then any of the people in my local store. Give me a job lol guess I'll have to go apply. rant over

Last edited by a moderator:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
they're there to make a sale. unfortunately, i must agree that majority of them have no idea what they're talking about.

just put up with their "sales pitch" and then come on over here and we'll help you out. By no means am I telling you to "dumb it down", but just don't ask questions about the device and take their word for it. Save yourself alot of time and headache.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes me so annoyed hearing vzw reps talk out of their kiesters. I know more about these phones then any of the people in my local store. Give me a job lol guess I'll have to go apply. rant over
That's quite a blanket statement. Can you give an example today of what annoyed you enough to rant about it?

I go into Radio Shack and know more than the reps too about certain things. I don't think I've shared those experiences on a blog though.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Everyone's an expert and thinks they can do my job better than me too (I'm not a vzw employee)

One thing to note.....vzw employees are not Droid employees, they are simply selling all phones and to become an "expert" in every phone is impossible. For all we know, they are iPhone people. Can you tell me all the good things about an iPhone enough to convince me to buy one if I'm looking.

I always love loling at people "who know more" than everyone else. If you knew the answer, maybe you wouldn't be asking them questions.

Sent from my DROIDX

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is true they are there to help all users. It's a job and the primary goal is to make the sell. We have the advantage of a blog where every one share their experiences. VZW customer service are top notch. They may not know the ends and outs of every device but they do a good job of taking care of their customers.
sent from droidforums app

BlueSami

Reaction score

LikeButton.gif

I know everyone is going to come in here and defend the salesman.

I personally enjoy going into the store and chatting it up and telling them the things they don't know! lol

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Yeah I def know what you guys mean I recently quit from my Verizon tech support job and when store reps call in they honestly don't know much.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It makes me so annoyed hearing vzw reps talk out of their kiesters. I know more about these phones then any of the people in my local store.
It's no more refreshing to hear people gripe about knowing more than store reps. Of course you know more. You're an enthusiast. These people are doing a job. If they had better qualifications they wouldn't be selling phones retail. Nothing new or interesting here as the exact same thing has been posted countless times before here and on other forum sites for every carrier out there.

In any case, selling such products requires more than just knowing the product. You really need to be able to assess the customer quickly and determine a suitable solution. A lot geeks are poorly suited to such jobs as they can't see past their own preferences. Don't assume you can do better until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It goes both ways, Its a persons job and livelihood. I just dont have it in me to make someones job harder or try to tell someone how to do their job. Besides since I know I know more about the device then most sales reps I do not go into the store except to buy accessories or play with a new device. If I have an issue with my device I will figure out if its a hardware problem or something that can be fixed with a reset. If its a harware issue I will call vzw over the phone and tell them the problem and request a replacement. I dont understand why people feel like they are special because they knoe more about a phone than the sales rep. Vzw sell more types of phones, services, and have to help people with every thing from a flip phone to a tablet. So they do not have the time to know every thing about every device and I am sure they are not given the time to play with their devices like you can. Besides if the shoe was on the other foot and they was to come on your job and try to tell you what to do and that you dont know anything, you would be angry and probably ready to fight. I say lay off the reps, if you have a question we have enough information on the forums whether it be our forums, xda, android forum, phandroid, droid life, android central, mdw, android police.