New Droid Keyboard?

irishdroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if usage has a lot to do with the keys being more raised. I NEVER use my phys keyboard, but, after reading this I looked at mine and it does indeed feel more rasied than before. Perhaps it has to do with the heat generated inside having an expanding effect on the material after a while. Just a guess.

jgorman13

Reaction score
i'm not sure if usage has a lot to do with the keys being more raised. I never use my phys keyboard, but, after reading this i looked at mine and it does indeed feel more rasied than before. Perhaps it has to do with the heat generated inside having an expanding effect on the material after a while. Just a guess.

im gonna go with this guy, because we clearly wouldnt use every key the same amount, hence why some keys on a computer keyboard wear more than others. Therefore, theres no way that overusing the keyboard has caused this for the entire keyboard. There are still buttons on mine that i havent touched more than a couple times and i use the keyboard everyday. Those keys are still raised.

Last edited:

edthesped

Reaction score
My original Droid from 1/15/10 shipped via telesales had the raised keyboard. It was great.

Replaced due to a slide that would open up under even the slightest weight or pressure. "NEW" out of box Droid had a flat keyboad. The keys themselves felt like they were glued on by a 5 year old. They were crooked and the corners were peeling up and would scratched your fingers.

Certified Like New in the mail now, I really hope I get the older style keyboard.

I thought I was the only one...

The upper right corner of my space key and upper left corner of my "/" key feel sharp and kind of like they are peeling away. Needless to say I'm a little too nervous to monkey with them as it will likely exacerbate the problem. I just try to type away and ignore the problem because other than that I'm really happy with the phone and would worry about getting something worse than I now have.