So I got a replacement Droid !

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue(broken hinges), I am on my 3 replacement phone. i just got back from Verizon and wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. My wifes proximity sensor went out 2 months ago and the keep sending me certified pieces of ****..LOL. hope yours fight goes better than mine.

word of advise, when they tell you to not activate the new phone, do it anyway and then reactivate your original before you sent the replacement back. Reason being they are not telling me since I didn't active the POS they sent me they do not have record of me having them.

to top it all off today as i was leaving verizon the saleman that was helping me backed into my car with his truck as he was leaving for lunch...too funny!

if you want to know more of my experince hit me up on messenger madroid1@gmail.
Did you get a freakin droid x? LOl, I would so run it by him now...

madroid1

Reaction score
I have had the same issue(broken hinges), I am on my 3 replacement phone. i just got back from Verizon and wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. My wifes proximity sensor went out 2 months ago and the keep sending me certified pieces of ****..LOL. hope yours fight goes better than mine.

word of advise, when they tell you to not activate the new phone, do it anyway and then reactivate your original before you sent the replacement back. Reason being they are not telling me since I didn't active the POS they sent me they do not have record of me having them.

to top it all off today as i was leaving verizon the saleman that was helping me backed into my car with his truck as he was leaving for lunch...too funny!

No he was cool in the store about my droid situation. The store manager is sending the WHOLE incident (started 2 months ago) to the verizon corp office(I asked to be CC'd on the email,she actually did it) to let them know what all has been going on. I should know something more definate by Monday afternoon, hopefully before I go pick up my rental car..LOL

once the manager get approval she said i could pick out whatever phone i wanted......I think my wife will get my droid and I will get the new one...any suggestions?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

No he was cool in the store about my droid situation. The store manager is sending the WHOLE incident (started 2 months ago) to the verizon corp office(I asked to be CC'd on the email,she actually did it) to let them know what all has been going on. I should know something more definate by Monday afternoon, hopefully before I go pick up my rental car..LOL

once the manager get approval she said i could pick out whatever phone i wanted......I think my wife will get my droid and I will get the new one...any suggestions?
Well depends. You like the x? Its screen bigger and youll get hacks way before the D2 (their close to unlocking bootloader now) if you need a smaller phone, then id suggest d2, just know you cant hack like the D1. Their is also that new Samsung phone. Screen looks pretty killer. :)

re747

Reaction score
yeh verizon sucks, no matter what phone it is. I went through 11 Treos in 3 years. literally 11. the first one worked fine for a little over a year, then I think the mic broke so they said they would send me a "like new" phone. Not exactly accurate. Every "like new" phone they sent me would break within 2 or 3 months. One time the speaker was blown from the first day I got it. More than half of them were dirty, like with fingerprints on the screen. 2 or 3 of them had no letters left on the keys, they had been worn off from use. After 5 (I think it's after 5, I'm not positive on that number though) they said they will upgrade me for free to a newer model of the phone (I had a Treo 600, they would give me a Treo 650). I was so excited. Until it came in the mail and was just a refurbished newer model. Ughhh. I am frustrated all over again just thinking about it haha. In my opinion, if I pay for a brand new phone, I pay insurance on the phone, and it breaks due to something out of my control, it should be replaced with a brand new phone -- because that is what I PAID for.

Just keep calling and keep complaining. So many people have stories about pieces of sh#t refurbished phones from them, they really need to improve their system.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeh verizon sucks, no matter what phone it is. I went through 11 Treos in 3 years. literally 11. the first one worked fine for a little over a year, then I think the mic broke so they said they would send me a "like new" phone. Not exactly accurate. Every "like new" phone they sent me would break within 2 or 3 months. One time the speaker was blown from the first day I got it. More than half of them were dirty, like with fingerprints on the screen. 2 or 3 of them had no letters left on the keys, they had been worn off from use. After 5 (I think it's after 5, I'm not positive on that number though) they said they will upgrade me for free to a newer model of the phone (I had a Treo 600, they would give me a Treo 650). I was so excited. Until it came in the mail and was just a refurbished newer model. Ughhh. I am frustrated all over again just thinking about it haha. In my opinion, if I pay for a brand new phone, I pay insurance on the phone, and it breaks due to something out of my control, it should be replaced with a brand new phone -- because that is what I PAID for.

Just keep calling and keep complaining. So many people have stories about pieces of sh#t refurbished phones from them, they really need to improve their system.

Why would you say verizon sucks? They dont sent refurbs.... Thats probly your insurance, which is a dif company.

will.anaya

Reaction score
So i went to Verizon Store and returned the phone they sent me, they are ordering me a new one and it should come in by Friday, also how does best buys insurance work? Do you have to take your phone to them really messed up so that they can give you a brand new one out the box or what?

i always buy my phones through best buy because of their black tie protection program, $11.00 a month.

my first droid met an untimely death as it was ran over and over by unmericiful drivers. sweeped it off the highway took it in to Best Buy and was completely honest in how it was murdered.

no problem. they took the phone, asked for $150 refundable deposit on a loaner phone, and almost three weeks later, after they determined the phone was unrepairable, they gave me a Droid off the shelf. not a refurb, but a brand new one. they also gave me the option of taking an Incredible but i stuck with the Droid. I also had to get a new protection plan since the last one was fullfilled by Best Buy.

Then last Wednesday as i received my OTA, my Droid froze on the "M" logo all day. it turned out that i had downloaded a corrupted file. at first i called Verizon and then they wanted to replace it with a refurb phone, but i would get it in two days. however, i went to Best Buy, told them what happened, repeated the events stated above, and will wait until they decide it cannot be fixed. so i expect to get a new Droid as the replacement or an offer of another Android phone. Joy.

Reaction score
I've had to replace my Droid 1 and Droid X so far, and they will never give you a brand new phone as a replacement. They always give you that refurbished crap, which they say is a phone that someone bought, decided they didn't want it and returned it. This is what they say, who knows if it's actually true, cause I tend to believe it's just phones that were damaged and they "fixed" them and then send them out as replacements.

My problem with the Droid 1 was the screen off button ceased functioning so I replaced it and the DroidX the lower half of the touch screen didn't work so I couldn't activate the phone let alone use it. It's been a NOT fun ride trying to have a phone that works. Hopefully my new DROIDX will not have any more problems. But good luck to you in getting a new phone, but yeah, I doubt they will give you a Droid 2 as a replacement. Although, if they are not sold out and you want to get a Droid 2, cancel your current number and make a new one, that guarentees you a new phone with the 100 dollars off, that is what I did instead of waiting months for a refurbished DROIDX.

madroid1

Reaction score
Update

Well, I got my car back today from the body shop. I must say I was impressed with progressives service. drove a 2011 toyota camary the had 600miles on it for 9 days. also, when my "like new replacement" showed up overnight service I was a brand new droid 1 with all original packaging, not that white box of doom.

Moral of the story: let verizon sales reps hit you with their car, you get a new phone..also a corp manager called 2 times to apologies and offer "extra services". I figure I got what I wanted with a new phone and the insurance took car of my car...so I past on the perks(but I did take his direct number...just in case)