Certified Like New Replacement Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Before I had Droid, I had four LG the vs five aliases eleven LG voyagers four LG versas. I know how you feel. Verizon's replacement phones are ****

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lesson One: Wireless devices are made by a manufacturer (like Motorola, LG, Samsung...etc) These devices have a "manufacturer warranty" which last approx 1 year in duration. These warranties are supported and provided by that manufacturer.

Verizon provides wireless service for that device and many other manufacturers (example: talk, text, data etc) In light of this... why do you expect Verizon to have to do ANYTHING for you in case your manufacturer's warranty needs to be used?? Really. Think about this please. Southwestern bell (for example) provided land line service which works for a plethora of phones, but you wouldn't expect THEM to be involved if your phone didn't work properly. YOU WOULD CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER.

Unfortunately, some people aren't happy with anything... right? lol

borge12

Reaction score
i understand that but after long term use you willl get alot more play i've had my phone since day 1 mine is old and i did use the slideout keyboard alot.

all functions of phone wrok perfectly with the play of the keyboard with including being able to slide keyboard just like picture

hell my phone is so old that the gold paint on camera button is gone it is now white lol maybe i will send it back for that lol j/k

Great. My day one phone which lasted until the beginning of September had plenty of use on the physical keyboard. It didn't do this. The slider was great. It didn't wobble, it didn't twist, and it stayed in whatever position I left it in.

Also, not this is not the issue.

A 'like new' phone should not have the issues of an eleven month year old phone. That would be described as "Certified Like Used Replacement" as opposed to "Certified Like New Replacement".

borge12

Reaction score
Before I had Droid, I had four LG the vs five aliases eleven LG voyagers four LG versas. I know how you feel. Verizon's replacement phones are ****

Lesson One: Wireless devices are made by a manufacturer (like Motorola, LG, Samsung...etc) These devices have a "manufacturer warranty" which last approx 1 year in duration. These warranties are supported and provided by that manufacturer.

Verizon provides wireless service for that device and many other manufacturers (example: talk, text, data etc) In light of this... why do you expect Verizon to have to do ANYTHING for you in case your manufacturer's warranty needs to be used?? Really. Think about this please. Southwestern bell (for example) provided land line service which works for a plethora of phones, but you wouldn't expect THEM to be involved if your phone didn't work properly. YOU WOULD CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER.

Do you usually buy your phones from the phone company? No. Irrelevant example. Let's try a relevant example.

I buy a TV from Best Buy. It has a defect. Who do I return it to? Best Buy.

As much as you hate to acknowledge it, Verizon is also a retailer of mobile phones. This is standard for retailers selling tech. It is not a 'service' it is a standard business practice. Stop pretending otherwise.

Last edited:

ricks

Reaction score
You won't be able to find a new Droid1 to see a bad hinge. So just go away before you really make a fool of yourself.

sorry to tell you but goto the csr section they have thousands in the counter.

just because it isnt on shelf doesnt mean they dont have them. and i am friends with local csr so i will post pic dont worry

I will look forward to see this picture. I have not seen a new Droid1 in a long time. When I was on the phone with corporate, I asked for a new Droid 1 before I got my X to replace my original one. They are gone.

Oh by the way, you spelled WORK wrong. LOL

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Agreed ++++10000000

like me earlier post
vzw policy is 30 day test drive you got 30 days for mandatory replacement or return after that it is an insurance issue they are not obligated after the 30 days to replace anything so it is a courtesy for them to replace after 30 days

but that does not exclude the limited 1 year manufacturer replacement which is also not a vzw issue

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

all letters there means miss type not misspelled try again usually happens when fingers move faster then brain

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes Motorola made the phone and yes they have the warranty and yes Verizon is replacing phones as a courtesy.

With that said, if Verizon is going to do it, they need to do it right and not this half ass stuff. Otherwise, they just need to quit completely and let Moto handle it.

That's like me having the transmission on my 09 Mustang going out and the dealership just went to the junkyard and found one in a wrecked car. Does it work or is it broken? That would be like them saying "who knows and who cares. We installed it though so good luck".

ricks

Reaction score

When you buy something from a store and it breaks, you go back to the store to get it corrected. Done

frodroid

Reaction score
I had to get my droid1 replaced due to bad buttons that were wear out and sagged but the "certified like new replacement" has worked well so far at least a month after now. I hope it stays that way.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Return Policy

Wireless Device/Accessory Return and Exchange Policy
This policy applies to all new and Certified Pre-Owned wireless device and accessory purchases except Prepaid wireless devices, which are governed by the Verizon Wireless Prepaid Return Policy.
We will gladly accept returns or make exchanges on all wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 30 days of purchase. The wireless device or accessory must be in the original box with all components, in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device returns and to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii).

View Return/Exchange Procedures
If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll?free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like?New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like?New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.
Wireless devices that are lost, stolen or subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for return or exchange.
You have 30 days from activation of a new or Certified Pre-Owned wireless device to enroll in Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection or Extended Warranty. Please see www.verizonwireless.com/equipmentprotection for details.

i did shorten this

original file here

Last edited:

ricks

Reaction score
Yes Motorola made the phone and yes they have the warranty and yes Verizon is replacing phones as a courtesy.

With that said, if Verizon is going to do it, they need to do it right and not this half ass stuff. Otherwise, they just need to quit completely and let Moto handle it.

That's like me having the transmission on my 09 Mustang going out and the dealership just went to the junkyard and found one in a wrecked car. Does it work or is it broken? That would be like them saying "who knows and who cares. We installed it though so good luck".

Dealers do that all the time.

ricks

Reaction score
Return Policy

Wireless Device/Accessory Return and Exchange Policy
This policy applies to all new and Certified Pre-Owned wireless device and accessory purchases except Prepaid wireless devices, which are governed by the Verizon Wireless Prepaid Return Policy.
We will gladly accept returns or make exchanges on all wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 30 days of purchase. The wireless device or accessory must be in the original box with all components, in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device returns and to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii).

View Return/Exchange Procedures
If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll?free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like?New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like?New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.
Wireless devices that are lost, stolen or subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for return or exchange.
You have 30 days from activation of a new or Certified Pre-Owned wireless device to enroll in Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection or Extended Warranty. Please see www.verizonwireless.com/equipmentprotection for details.

i did shorten this

original file here

And your point is?

ricks

Reaction score

all letters there means miss type not misspelled try again usually happens when fingers move faster then brain

Then take your brain and go back to several of your other posts and comments and correct all your errors. Who cares if people make spelling errors anyway. So stop the BS. Everyone makes spelling errors sometimes.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off we are not here to argue so please refrain from it

With that being said, I have had the same Droid from day one...11/6/09 I use my PKB for anything and everything and there is no way I could get my phone at that angle without expecting something to crack

I think what I am trying to say is just because you have one experience doesn't mean that everyone else's is going to mirror yours

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

mistype, misquote, misled, misfire
fwiw, I'd send it back too. Had Verizon not changed the name from field replacement unit(fru) to clnr (key words LIKE NEW) then maybe there could be an argument but Verizon made the rules and should have to follow those rules

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.