Certified Like New Replacement? right...

csimo

Reaction score
My original Droid has started locking up when I try and answer a call. Verizon decided to replace it with what they call a Certified Like New Replacement.

I received the replacement today and the slide is nearly falling off. You have to wiggle it up from side to side to make it work. Verizon thinks it was shipping damage, but there is no damage to the box and it does not appear that it could be shipping damage.

This wouldn't even qualify as a refurb, just a junk phone they sent me.

So now Verizon is sending another Certified Like New Replacement phone. I'm frustrated. I told them whatever they send I should not be able to tell it has ever been used. It seems their definition of "like new" doesn't mean the phone looks like new.

Sorry to vent, just caught up in this Verizon loop of ignorance.

-Joe

warrior21

Reaction score
Refurbs are well known junk. I replaced my wife's phone last week and within a day it stopped working. I received in the second one today so I will see how that goes but I'm not holding my breath. I tried an early upgrade to the droid 2 but the manager told me I couldn't do it. I told him if the next phone comes in broken he had better believe I will be receiving that upgrade one way or another.

jcrome04

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with a couple CLNRs.

My first replacement slide wouldn't lock in place. Would open in my pocket and just fall open.

My second the keys started coming off... lol

The only reason I had to get a replacement in the first place is cause my OEM Verizon case broke on my original droid, so I went to "GO Wireless" a verizon retailer (not corporate) and got a knock-off case. the case caused the screen to separate from keyboard due to placement of the case clips

OP
C

csimo

Reaction score
This has turned into a story hard to believe. Verizon promised to ship me a second Certified Like New Replacement phone via FedEx Priority 1 service. When I got the ship notification it was actually shipped via 2nd Day by 7pm.

I call Verizon and asked to speak to a manager. I finally got to a nice person that seemed to have some common sense. I explained the month long story to her. She apologized and said that she was going to fix this problem.

She offered me any new phone of my choosing. No contract extension, no charges. I chose a Droid X. She said they were on back order until Sept. 27, but it would be to my benefit to wait since the new shipment would correct a speaker problem they've been having with that model. I agreed to wait.

Well I get another ship notice from Verizon last night. Something was sent to me via FedEx Priority 1 last night. I suspect it's the Droid X, but won't know till I get it. If it is the Droid X then they must have got them back in stock earlier than planned. Hope it one of the "improved" versions.

So when I receive whatever they shipped I will have three Droid 1's, and one Droid X in my possession. Hopefully out of all those phones I can get one that works.

-Joe

pdoxsey

Reaction score
I went through 7 refurbs before I got a decent one... Been using it for 4 days and I just noticed the headphone jack doesnt work... time to call again...

Squidward

Reaction score
Your story is 100%, eerily similar to mine. Like, from the problem you originally had, to the problem with the slider on the first refurb, to the fact that they lie to you and tell you they're sending it overnight when its 2 day (this has happened more than once)...the end of my story, or at least the most recent chapter, was them finally sending me a Droid2 and an acessory for a nominal fee...when they arrived it was a Droid 2 and an accessory...for the Droidx. Haven't had a chance to call them back to return it yet, I need a break from talking to customer service and I've just been too busy

m1chuhsuh

Reaction score
I went through 7 refurbs before I got a decent one... Been using it for 4 days and I just noticed the headphone jack doesnt work... time to call again...

i'm with you. i'm on my 7th one. I called in today because my phone takes 10 seconds to get to the home screen + lag/freeze issues.. Instead of sending me another clnr droid 1, they decided to give me a free upgrade. :]