My Certified Like New Replacement

y0manda

Reaction score
Received my Certified Like New phone replacement (refurbished/ pos) yesterday. My wife returned my original phone today. The replacement phone had a stiff power button which I thought was because it needed some breaking in, stopped working this evening. My original new phone was power cycling and when I called tech support the representative promised me the replacement phone will be in perfect condition, as it undergoes a "100 point factory inspection." Obviously the power button wasn't one of them. Now I am without a working phone. Thank you VZW, I guess the 3 data lines and 2 regular lines on my account doesn't mean crap.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Received my Certified Like New phone replacement (refurbished/ pos) yesterday. My wife returned my original phone today. The replacement phone had a stiff power button which I thought was because it needed some breaking in, stopped working this evening. My original new phone was power cycling and when I called tech support the representative promised me the replacement phone will be in perfect condition, as it undergoes a "100 point factory inspection." Obviously the power button wasn't one of them. Now I am without a working phone. Thank you VZW, I guess the 3 data lines and 2 regular lines on my account doesn't mean crap.
So you either call VZW at 800-422-0204 or go to the store where the phone was purchased. Posting in here isn't going to resolve the issue. I've personally had very good luck with CLNRs in the past, thankfully my TB has had absolutely no issues and still original.

robrecht

Reaction score
A lot of people have reported problems with CLNRs. Some of visually obvious, others are not immediately apparent. I finally broke down and let them send me a CLNR the other day just to help them diagnose the problems. I didn't think a new device would fix problems with the firmware/network interface, but no recurrence of rebooting/data connectivity issues. Time will tell, but so far the CLNR seems perfect.