Certified Like New....

Sheresh

Reaction score
So I have had my original Droid X for roughly 8 months, all was going well until the phone started bugging out. It would randomly change my screen savers, wallpapers, and ringtones. On top of that the phone would randomly lock up and reboot. I did numerous battery pulls and factory resets to no avail. I went to the Verizon store and they said they would ship me a new phone which they did, however it was a "Like New Certified" phone. The phone worked fine out of the box for roughly two hours before the screen bugged out. It started as a blinking light on the left side of the screen and turned into the whole screen going completely grey and unresponsive. I was stuck with that phone from Friday to today (Monday May 2nd) when I got my second "Like new Certified" phone. Right out of the box the phone has a large black spot on the top left of the screen which is about the size of a nickel. When I visited the store and spoke with the manager I was told that I could get a NEW Droid X however I would have to extend my contract for another two years! Barring that I would have to either use an existing upgrade and pay for a new phone or I could just pay full price for a different phone.

After wading through customer care representatives I am now awaiting my THIRD "Like New Certified" phone. Apparently it is "impossible" to get a NEW Droid X without either paying or extending my contract. I am curious to see just how many "Like New Certified" phones I have to go through before they are going to be more willing to help me out. I should also mention that I am NOT hard on my phones at all. I always have them in cases with screen protectors on them and make a point to keep them in the best possible condition. Not to mention I paid the 129.99$ for the warranty as well.

I am VERY frustrated and EXTREMELY disappointed with Verzion and Motorola at this point. Especially considering we have been loyal customers for nearly 10 years now. I would like to hear from anyone else who has had this issue or similar issues with Verizon. If you somehow found a way to get a new phone without paying through the nose please let me know. At this point I am seriously contemplating filing an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau.