Replacement Droid Screen color tint yellow?

mikenilson

Reaction score
I just got my Motorola Droid certified like new replacement from Verizon. While holding my new phone next to my old phone I noticed a screen color tint difference. The New phone has a kind of yellow (warm) tint to it. The old phone has more of a blue (cool) tint to it. I feel that the old phones brighter bluer color looks better. Both brightness setting on the phones are the same. Does anybody know of this issue?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I've been reading these forums, and a lot other Android/Droid forums, for almost a year now and I've not encountered your issue. I just searched this forum and the only hit I got was your thread.

Does the screen work like the old one, does it look different all the time?

OP
mikenilson

mikenilson

Reaction score
Everything works as normal, but when you put the two together there is a noticeable difference. If I had not put them right next to each other I probally would have never noticed.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everything works as normal, but when you put the two together there is a noticeable difference. If I had not put them right next to each other I probally would have never noticed.

If it bothered me, I'd contact Verizon. But I would not freak if they didn't want to do anything about it.

Retriraver

Reaction score
YES!!!! I just received a replacement DroidX and I noticed this exact thing immediately. In fact, I found this thread when searching about it... I got my DX replaced because the ear-speaker was buzzing when at moderate to hi level sound. Upon further review.... My new DX has better colors than the old one. despite the hue, everything looks better overall. If you look at colorful pics side by side, the yellowish hue one looks more saturated yet crisper than my old one. Perhaps its the same with yours. Let me know what you find if you still have them both. (I stil think whites look better on the old one though.)

Droidella

Reaction score
I believe this, Mikenilson! My husband and I both got a Droid X within weeks of each other. Mine has a bluer tint, whereas his has a yellower tint. Not sure whether it is a defect or just a difference on where they are manufactured though. I think it's just a matter of preference... but I do prefer my bluer tint. :) I noticed he has to set his "brightness" setting a little higher than I do. Not sure if mine is using more battery though being bluer... hm, an interesting thought.