Verizon's Droid Warranty Replacements

InsiderLeak

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with verizon's certified like new replacement phones? Because I have. As an employed tech you would think I would have faith I in verizon's programs but I don't the third replacement phone? Yup... And still unacceptable product. My fascinate brandnew had a busted transceiver, my replacement took the update and became a doa, and doesn't verizon approve the software pushed out? Well they are supposed to.my alternate replacement Droid x? The housing is now unexpectedly falling apart at the mouthpiece connection.if you receive a "CLNR" from verizon inspect it before you leave the store!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
A great deal of people on here who have gotten clnr phone have had some problem or another. They're pretty much all crap.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with verizon's certified like new replacement phones? Because I have. As an employed tech you would think I would have faith I in verizon's programs but I don't the third replacement phone? Yup... And still unacceptable product. My fascinate brandnew had a busted transceiver, my replacement took the update and became a doa, and doesn't verizon approve the software pushed out? Well they are supposed to.my alternate replacement Droid x? The housing is now unexpectedly falling apart at the mouthpiece connection.if you receive a "CLNR" from verizon inspect it before you leave the store!

Well as a tech you should know how phones have gotten more complicated and more technical over the years .. the rate they have to repair the phones to the amount of demand is ridiculous .. and u see how many people try to warranty their phones for stupid reasons which just increases demand ..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wadman

Reaction score
I bought my Certified Pre Owned DX and as of now haven't had any issues with it. I love the phone. I bought total equipment coverage with the phone so any issues and that puppy is going right back. The only reason I bought it is because they ran a deal about 3 weeks ago where you could get the x for 99.99 and I really have wanted this phone since it came out. I think it's just a crap shoot. Some people have good luck with the pre owned, some don't. In hindsight I got a brand new D1 as my first smart phone. 4 phones later, I had one that actually worked. Hopefully you have better luck....

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I got a free d1 from verizon...no issues, yet.
Well, except the email.
:)

vickiam

Reaction score
My droid 1 is 6 months old. I just received a replacement battery after repeat calls to report constant problems; so far, it holds a charge. However, since they looked into my phone last week and did some troubleshooting, my calls go straight to voicemail without the phone ever ringing, google mail and calender will not sync and there is static, almost like what you'd hear if you were listening to an ultrasound of the body (woosh woosh sounding) when I listen to my music, pandora or sirrius, even when my notifications sounds alert. I love my phone but this is stupid. So my question is, do I call the idiot techs at verizon, go to a verizon store (again with the idiots) or go to kiosk at costco where I bought the phone? I do NOT want a refurbished phone. In my opinion it is someone else's lemon that was returned and I've already got one, I don't need another. Do they still make new droid 1's or should I insist on an upgrade?

Droidfish

Reaction score
In some realms of electronics a refurb is as good as new if, and only if, it's from the original manufacturing company or at least a fairly reputable company. The thing about new phones is that only 1 in so many get inspected but every refurb under goes inspection for quality control.

I don't know if it's the D1 or just smartphones in general that have a crappy track record for refurb quality but from what I've seen around droidforums there have been a lot of issues with refurbished devices.

I'm really just wondering why this appears to be so, I've never actually owned a refurbished phone. Just chiming in.