Droid1 Hardware Issues

fab_droid

Reaction score
I was having some issues with the capacitive buttons on my original droid. VZW sent me a refurbished droid as a replacement and that solved the issue. However, I noticed that the gap between the touchscreen and the keyboard on the replacement had more than the intended gap making the touchscreen feels 'springy' in some places. It's difficult to explain but in essence, whenever I select something on the left side of the phone, the touchscreen goes down a fraction. I received another replacement today and it has the same issue. Is this my bad luck or is this a manufacturing defect? Has anyone else had this issue? Note that I didn't have this issue on my original droid, just the replacement. I don't think this has to do with the keyboard design since I've had flat keyboards on all of them.

solar

Reaction score
I can feel a little give on the left side of my phone too, like its a little uneven or something. If I press on the right side, it doesn't have any give. Its minor and isnt enough for me too notice most of the time. It doesn't cause any issues, but it is there. I think its just the way the hinge/slider is manufactured. I've had my Droid 1 since release, so its well worn in. Perhaps our replacement is just "worn in" as well. Since its very possible your refurb had in internal component problem or software problem and the hardware on the outside has just been used enought to get that "uneveness".

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have the same problem -- it actually "clicks" when I hit something on the left. Mine's from using a cheap case that wouldn't actually lock down on top, but it seems that's just how the Droid wears when you use the keyboard a lot.