VZW New Data Plan Rates [Picture In Post of VZW Internal Doc]

mach330

Reaction score
i went online to try to change two of my other lines, but i can't find this $15 option data plan. does that mean all my lines are signed for 2 yrs for $30 plan?or do i have to call to change?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Minimum 6-month contract obligation for smartphones on the $30 plan. Go into the store and ask about it since the website might not be running the most current data.

mach330

Reaction score
so i called vzw and i guess i can't change any of my lines until the 2 yr contract is up. is that really true? when you upgrade to a new phone, the $30/mo plan is for two years and can't be changed? or are they srewing with me? two of my lines are using less than 150M so i would like to switch them and save $15/mo for each line.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Get your paperwork, take a look at it. If you cant' find it, go to the store and ask if they can print off the contract you signed. If it says no changes for 2 years to the data plan you're SOL.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
so i called vzw and i guess i can't change any of my lines until the 2 yr contract is up. is that really true? when you upgrade to a new phone, the $30/mo plan is for two years and can't be changed? or are they srewing with me? two of my lines are using less than 150M so i would like to switch them and save $15/mo for each line.

I could have sworn the sales rep told me it was a 2-yr contract for the data. That's how he got me to pay the insurance, because if I lost the phone I'd still have to pay data and unless you want to throw away your money on that it's $600 to replace.

Anyway, insurance is another story. But I've always questioned how people keep saying you can just drop your data plan. That wasn't my understanding, either. Seems maybe some people got signed-up for different contracts. Doesn't make much sense to me why it would be different, but so be it I guess.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Mine was 6 months, that's why I suggested looking.

Oh, and you HAVE to have a data plan to keep a smart phone on the Verizon network. No chance to sneak that one through.

Arcolog2

Reaction score
Well, it's begun for tethering. I went to tether to my laptop tonight using the usb cable and the rooted wired tethering, however, it defaults to a VZW page asking you to pay for it....

Wireless tethering doesn't have this problem though.