VZW disabling tethering apps from market

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
what exactly would you consider a fair tier? that includes both tethering and data in one? this should be good.

And my perspective is I don't need tether, rarely do it, and don't want to pay for it either directly via higher rates or indirectly via lower data caps.

Until they literally give away the farm, people will complain it's unfair. Heck, even then they'd probably complain about the speeds on a bogged down network.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
$5/GB would be a fair deal, imo.

The average user uses less than a gig, maybe only 500megs. So they make $5 off most of their users, pay the cable companies something like $3.50 bucks for access, leaving $1.50 in profit on the vast majority of users. What you consider fair is an economically unviable plan.

EvilJ

Reaction score
If they look at the competition, then that is an immediate failure. Companies need to stop holding back progress.

If their tiers are unfair in my eyes I will up my data usage on my unlimited plan as much as I can simply to spite the stupidity that companies pretending to compete show. :p

I agree with you on this. At what point though, will we lose our grandfather status and be forced to get tier'd pricing? They want consumers to use wifi as much as possible to unburden the mobile networks. Too bad my uverse internet is tier'd now as well.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

why on god's green earth would they do that? lol...they're getting $30/month off 95% of their customers who average 1/2 a gig a month...so you're saying they're going to offer something that would have them lose $25/month/user for 95% of their users?

I'm sorry, but you're going to do a lot of whining when the tiers are introduced (along with a lot of threatening to leave, along with a lot of paying your bill on time like a good customer, along with very little tethering haha)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

The average user uses less than a gig, maybe only 500megs. So they make $5 off most of their users, pay the cable companies something like $3.50 bucks for access, leaving $1.50 in profit on the vast majority of users. What you consider fair is an economically unviable plan.

thank God someone has some sense on this forum haha....

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
You will lose the status if you make any changes to your contract. Whether this includes changing phones is yet to be seen.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score

why on god's green earth would they do that? lol...they're getting $30/month off 95% of their customers who average 1/2 a gig a month...so you're saying they're going to offer something that would have them lose $25/month/user for 95% of their users?

I'm sorry, but you're going to do a lot of whining when the tiers are introduced (along with a lot of threatening to leave, along with a lot of paying your bill on time like a good customer, along with very little tethering haha)

Along with continuing to use my data the way I want, in the quantity I want. I won't leave until they take away unlimited data and terminate my contract by changing it. I've told you this a dozen times, but you continue to ignore that fact.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Along with continuing to use my data the way I want, in the quantity I want. I won't leave until they take away unlimited data. I've told you this a dozen times, but you continue to ignore that fact.

lol...k. $5/gig haha...why didn't you just go the whole way and say "$0/gig seems fair to me" haha

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not asking for anything free.

this can't be this difficult...:icon_eek:

i said "why didn't you just ask for $0/gig"
you said "cuz that's ridiculous"
i said "asking a company to go bankrupt to appease you is more ridiculous then you yourself just demanding something free"

i didn't say you asked for anything free...it was a natural progression of your replies and mine...at what point did you get lost?

Nevermind dont' answer that... it was when you said "i didnt' ask for anything for free" haha...

xan

Reaction score
I want fairly priced tiered data buckets form carriers that are forbidden from discriminating against the color, shape and/or size of my data viewing device.

Power to the Data!

Status
Not open for further replies.