Voicemail Issues

andeejo

Reaction score
When I enter in my password to get to my voicemail, it tells me that its an incorrect password. Sometimes I can get it to work, but most of the time not. I usually just keep putting it in till it takes it. But now it seems worse. Once I get in, I can retrieve my voicemail, but cannot use any prompts. For example, it tells you to press four for administrative options, but when I push four, it says I pushed the incorrect key. It also sound like alot of clicking and skipping going on. Verizon changed my password and reset the voicemail on the account, also did a factory reset. Still did not work. It works on their end, but not mine. They are sending me a new phone, but I am afraid it will do the same thing. Has anyone ever heard of this? Will a new phone fix? Could this be a bad simcard issue? By the way I also just had my first continuous reboot. This is not a rooted phone and it is just the standard voicemail.

Thx for any input!

mjones73

Reaction score
What happens when you try to retrieve your vmail from a different phone?

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
I didnt think to try that and tech support didnt ask me to, but it works just fine. Do you know what that means then?

stumpie

Reaction score
If you have speakerphone turned on try turning it off while putting in your password .. This worked for me on my old Droid 1 ....

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I enter in my password to get to my voicemail, it tells me that its an incorrect password. Sometimes I can get it to work, but most of the time not. I usually just keep putting it in till it takes it. But now it seems worse. Once I get in, I can retrieve my voicemail, but cannot use any prompts. For example, it tells you to press four for administrative options, but when I push four, it says I pushed the incorrect key. It also sound like alot of clicking and skipping going on. Verizon changed my password and reset the voicemail on the account, also did a factory reset. Still did not work. It works on their end, but not mine. They are sending me a new phone, but I am afraid it will do the same thing. Has anyone ever heard of this? Will a new phone fix? Could this be a bad simcard issue? By the way I also just had my first continuous reboot. This is not a rooted phone and it is just the standard voicemail.

Thx for any input!

Could be a network issue with your phone or something in the way it sends DTMF. Try calling an 800 number(or anything with an automated system) and see if you have the same problem. If you do...swap out the phone.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
Thx for your replies. I don't use my speakerphone and I can use automated systems just fine. Verizon has done everything they can think of, several hours worth of phone calls. So I really hope it is not a networking issue and the new phone they are sending works just fine. I did not mention that my Rezound is just over a month old and the problem has been from the beginning. My old LG phone vmail worked just fine.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
Thx for your replies. I don't use my speakerphone and I can use automated systems just fine. Verizon has done everything they can think of, several hours worth of phone calls. So I really hope it is not a networking issue and the new phone they are sending works just fine. I did not mention that my Rezound is just over a month old and the problem has been from the beginning. My old LG phone vmail worked just fine.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just based on the fact that you say it's always been like this has me doubting it's the network. Go to a Verizon store, use the demo phone to check your voicemail. If the demo phone can't dial, ask a rep that has a Rezound. If it works, then you know it's definitely the phone and immediately ask for an exchange.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
Just an update. I have recieved my new rezound and same thing is happening. I will need to get back to verizon!

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
After what seems like hours on the phone with verizon, they put me on hold to speak with HTC. Apparently this is a known issue with the rezound, and they are trying to get a fix for it. I am not the only one. I have to wonder why these known issues cant be listed somewhere for the tech support to check when people are calling about problems. The HTC help I talked to obviously didnt know about it. All I could really understand is that other phones have a setting that can be changed for this, but the rezound doesnt. According to the verizon tech, the problem is pretty big. If so many people are having problems with this then isnt it strange no one in this forum has come forward. It is a little fishy, but I will take their word for it.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I really suggest Google Voice. It's better than VW's voice mail and free. You may still have problems but maybe not.
If you choose to install it, it will say that Verizon does not support it, but ignore the error message, it works fine.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
I checked out google voice in the market place. Lately no one has anything good to say about it. So I am hesitant to try it. I like the sms pop up that I use and if I have to get a voice message I will do over another phone. My life does not rely on this feature and Ive been telling people not to leave messages unless its important. lol. Just wish there is the perfect product out there! I have done some more research and found out that this problem has something to do with the vmail not routing to the correct server. If the information I have is correct, the fix is coming up in march. THX for all your inputs. Its much appreciated.