Voicemail Password

jmalliet

Reaction score
I just got my moto x yesterday, I previously had an iphone. According to my phone I had a new voicemail but when I tried listening to it, it asked me to put my password in. As far as I know I don't have a voicemail password. Is there a way to reset the password or figure out what it is?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Your service provider can reset your password for you. As soon as you can prove to them you are who you say you are.:biggrin:

Otherwise the answer is no. Did you change carriers?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my moto x yesterday, I previously had an iphone. According to my phone I had a new voicemail but when I tried listening to it, it asked me to put my password in. As far as I know I don't have a voicemail password. Is there a way to reset the password or figure out what it is?

Do iPhone's input the password for you? As far as I know all carriers make you enter a numeric password when you setup Voicemail. There are ways to retrieve voicemail by calling a number so that is why it is necessary to have a vm pw.

OP
J

jmalliet

Reaction score
Yes iphones do put it in for you, I have a feeling that its the same but I forgot what it was. I'll have to give my carrier a call. Thanks!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Do iPhone's input the password for you? As far as I know all carriers make you enter a numeric password when you setup Voicemail. There are ways to retrieve voicemail by calling a number so that is why it is necessary to have a vm pw.

Any phone can really. The past couple phones I had, I programmed the voicemail to dial the *86, then I programmed in a pause, then had it enter my VM password and then #. I never had to manually dial that.

But now I thought, what's the point of having the password if its going to be autodialed? So now I've gone back to entering it myself.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
During the setup process, my carrier gives me the option to require a password or not. Try going through the setup process to see if you get this option.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
During the setup process, my carrier gives me the option to require a password or not. Try going through the setup process to see if you get this option.

Just a note for those toying with the idea of not securing VM with a password: anyone that knows your phone number could potentially listen to and delete your messages.