Virtual Keyboard issue w/CM6 RC3

holmes

Reaction score
New to CM. Former BB user. Currently running CM6 RC3 on Droid 1.

In addition to the stock "Virtual Keyboard", I also have "Swype" & the "HTC_IME" virtual keyboards installed.

My virtual keyboard of choice is the HTC_IME one. It works great when selected in the phones "Language & Keyboard" area of the Droid "Settings" menu, and then selected from the "Input Method" of a text field.

Problem is that whenever I reboot the phone, it reverts itself to the STOCK virtual keyboard. Every time I reboot I have to re-select the HTC_IME virtual keyboard.

I have tried de-selecting the stock one & have even tried to "Freeze" the .apk within Titanium Backup. No luck.

Im hoping im just missing something simple. Just an inconvience to have to make the selection after each reboot.

Thanks for reading this & any suggestions would be appreciated.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
New to CM. Former BB user. Currently running CM6 RC3 on Droid 1.

In addition to the stock "Virtual Keyboard", I also have "Swype" & the "HTC_IME" virtual keyboards installed.

My virtual keyboard of choice is the HTC_IME one. It works great when selected in the phones "Language & Keyboard" area of the Droid "Settings" menu, and then selected from the "Input Method" of a text field.

Problem is that whenever I reboot the phone, it reverts itself to the STOCK virtual keyboard. Every time I reboot I have to re-select the HTC_IME virtual keyboard.

I have tried de-selecting the stock one & have even tried to "Freeze" the .apk within Titanium Backup. No luck.

Im hoping im just missing something simple. Just an inconvience to have to make the selection after each reboot.

Thanks for reading this & any suggestions would be appreciated.

Make sure the HTC_IME keyboard apk is installed to internal memory and not the SD card.

OP
holmes

holmes

Reaction score
That was it!
Moved apk to phone & all is good.
Thanx 4 ur help :)