Verizon Wireless Network Extender not working quite as well with Droid

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been about a year since i've had this exact same problem with no solution.

Finally my extender started going crazy dropping calls as I left the house and causing the phone to have no network connectivity after leaving network extender range.

So after spending sometime troubleshooting with verizon they agreed to send me a new one.

Turns out they now have a new 3G version of the network extenders which they agreed to send since they were out of stock on the 1x version.

Anyways I got the new one today and I'm looking at my phone right now:

*** Full bars on 3G and can even use data through the extender (1.2mbps down even)****

The biggest advantage here is that my droid's battery won't be dead in a few hours when at home.

Looks like some (if not all) of my problems are fixed now, if given a choice get the 3G version of the extender!
Well, they got a tower issue resolved a few months ago and we were able to part with the NE, so we actually have one not being used. That's awesome they now have a 3G version. Glad it's working out for you!

moneil1002

Reaction score
Extender and Thunderbolt Issues

I just received my TB yesterday and I love it! However, it will not remain connected to my extender. It will hop on and off randomly even if I am sitting right next to it. Did not have these issues w/D 1 and my husband had DX and no issues there. I did notice not as many 3G bars where I had full bars on my D1, but bars don't mean as much. I would just like coverage at this point from my extender or this beauty has to to back. Did anyone else have extender connectivity issues?
I have an open ticket with engineering, but haven't heard yet....day 2.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just received my TB yesterday and I love it! However, it will not remain connected to my extender. It will hop on and off randomly even if I am sitting right next to it. Did not have these issues w/D 1 and my husband had DX and no issues there. I did notice not as many 3G bars where I had full bars on my D1, but bars don't mean as much. I would just like coverage at this point from my extender or this beauty has to to back. Did anyone else have extender connectivity issues?

Do you have 4G switched off?

moneil1002

Reaction score
Backnblack,

No, was not aware of being able to do so, nor was it ever mentioned to me.
Can you advise me how?

The phone is showing 3g signal most times, I do not have 4g in my area at all.

jimsparkman

Reaction score

Hello, I have the 3G NE and it's always worked great, but I got the Bionic yesterday and now I'm seeing exactly the same thing that you are with the TB. Data Randomly drops in and out, quite frustrating. I have already tried swithing to 3G Only for data but it makes no difference. So, switched it back to CDMA/LTE for 3G/4G coverage when I'm out.

If I unplug the NE, my Bionic connects to 3G and seems to be very stable there. Since it seems the Bionic signal is stronger than other phones I've had, I may try a few days without the NE and see how it goes. Would be nice to get this resolved, though.

- Jim

LLR

Reaction score
I have a ne and it seems to work fine with my bionic. I got my ne a couple weeks before I got my bionic. I do have data issues but I have the same issues on or off my ne.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

maryquiryp

Reaction score
I forgot to ask.........is that a Verizon Signal Extender that you bought and are using ?
Read the link I posted in #4...even with the supposed no signal it was working perfectly...before that. But it's probably a problem with my ISP not the NE.