moto droid and network extender

wolfmann

Reaction score
i have a network extender from verizon cause sometimes the service where i live can be a little spotty. soon after i got the moto droid i callled vzw tech support and wondered why sometimes the network extender would pick up the calls from/to my droid and other times it wont. they told me that there is a software "glitch" in the phone that prevents the phone from connecting to the extender and were hoping that it would be fixed in the 2.1 update. unfortunatly it wasnt and the only thing that i get from them is "we can give you a blackberry, and that will take care of the issue." the thing is that i love my droid and dont want a crackberry. since the problem has not been resolved through them, no supprise there, i turn to you all here the phone is running 2.1 software that has been rooted and the rom has been flashed with jrummy. i havent seen where this has been addressed on the forum, but i thought if i brought it up it might make a difference if anyone else is having the same problems. every now and then i will get the 3 beep chime when i make the calls, letting me know that the extender is conneced, and other times not. sadly when im here at the house i miss calls and dont get any notifications untill i head back towards town the it will pop up that i have multiple voicemails. when i was on the horn with vzw they told me that it had something to do with the 3g part of the phone, i would hope that this would help in possibly leading someone that knows more than i do in the right direction.dancedroid

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Capitalization? Your post all kind of runs together . . .

What is the baseband version of the radio on your phone? Menu -> settings -> about phone -> baseband version?

OP
W

wolfmann

Reaction score
i appologize for the typing. the baseband is c_01.3e.03P

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
No prob, it's better than all caps, hehe.

Well you have the most current baseband, so let's see, did the phone EVER work ok with the network extender? Like before it was rooted and the jrummy rom installed?

OP
W

wolfmann

Reaction score
it never worked before jrummy but now after the install it works rarley wich is an improvement. i dont know what would be causing this i have checked the extender and everything on that end is ok. i even took the extender to vzw abd had it checked out and they even replaced it to ensure it was ok. my mother has the moto rival and it works fine and my boulder(previous phone) and moms previous phone, samsung knack, work on it with no problems.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, if it works better after the custom rom install, then all I can say is try CyanogenMod's or different rom's and see which one works best.

good luck

n0yxl

Reaction score
I'm running a Network Extender and works great here!

.03p baseband, UD newera rom.

Not sure why it wouldn't work with a Droid vs. others?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Never had an issue with the NE and my Droid before or after Jrummy. The only thing that sucks about the NE is that if your Voip quality is low, the NE basically doesn't work... And Verizon and Comcast basically shrugged their shoulders...

OP
W

wolfmann

Reaction score
Actually I installed ultimate droid new era a couple days ago to test it out. So far every call catches the extender,works perfectly, faster than jrummy too. As far as voip the phone at the house is vonage w/ comcast cable internet been like that for 3 years with no problems

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Good deal, glad you found something that works for you.