Motorola Droid unable to register with Verizon Network Extender (2nd Generation)

Medicated

Reaction score
Unboxed the Verizon Network Extender today... the 2nd Generation, Samsung SCS-2U01; I can't get the Motorola Droid (non-rooted) to register on this thing. Anyone else having similar issues?

I've successfully tested with a Blackberry Curve, a prepaid Nokia 2605 and prepaid Samsung SCH-U350... each was able to successfully place and receive calls. Droid seems to find the extender, displaying full service while not in a call... but as soon as I hit the send button it drops back to 1 or less and the call goes through the tower. Dialing #48 to confirm that it's registered ends with the message saying that the call could not be completed.

I've been troubleshooting this all day, scouring the forums and half a dozen calls to tech support... I hate to admit it, but I'm completely stumped on this one. I've had it configured with open access/ private, inside and outside of DMZ, ports forwarded... At this point after testing with a bunch of burners and friends' phones, I've narrowed it down to the Droid. Verizon's Network Extender Techs don't seem to have a solution yet and it's pretty tough to pinpoint the source of the problem without anyone to compare it to. There's the relatively recent 2.2.1 update and fresh PRLs, but I'm flying blind here. If there's anyone currently using the Motorola Droid with Verizon Network extender, either successfully or unsuccessfully, could you please post specs for comparison?

Thanks!

I'm running:
Stock Android 2.2.1
Baseband Version C_01.43.01P
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g68eef5 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number FRG83D
PRL Version 52189
CDMA-EvDo rev.A

boog

Reaction score
Same issue here except I have the 1st the generation Network Extender. I purchased my network extender and Droid x in Septmeber 2010 and my Droidx will not connect to the network extender. I have two samsung phones and a blackberry that work good with the network extender.

Support from verizon has been unsuccessful.

Please post if you find a solution.

Thanks, Boog

goingape

Reaction score
Hey Now!, I just got a network extender in Dec, 2010. It connects fine with my X. Sometimes it takes a few minutes and to be close to the extender, but once I am connected I am goldenchild.
My problem is that for some reason, the extender makes my X think I am in another state. Like when using gps for some applications. I live in Jersey and when I am connected to the network extender my phone thinks it is in ardmore, pa. What the Heck?

Reaction score
I have the first generation and it works great, we have a droid 1, incredible and a citrus. Only thing I did was the online number configuration and it works fine.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"