Issue with Verizon Network Extender??

gripweed

Reaction score
Both mine and my wife's incredibles have been rebooting. Anywhere from 2-8 times a day. Always happens while it's sitting, never happens when we're using them.

At first I thought it was a low signal thing. Our house does not get a good signal, hence why we got a network extender last year. So then we got the Incredibles and I've read problems on how they don't recognize the network extender until you're in the call?

Anyways, the phone never reboots anywhere other than my house. I've gone to rural areas with absolutely no signal and never had a reboot. I called Verizon today and told them what has been going on and the little tests I've done and decided it's either something with the network extender or something with a tower my phone is hitting while I'm at home.

They of course said their towers are fine and only offered the advice to wipe the phone clean and start fresh. I said...welllll I don't think I downloaded an app that says ohhh I'm in your house now so let me start rebooting your phone. He didn't like that, but I'm tired of everyone just telling you to reformat something and they won't do anything to help you until you do.

Anyways, I unplugged the network extender. 8 hours now without reboot. Which is pretty good. If it makes it through the night, it's clearly a problem with the network extender.

So my main question is....does anyone know of any issue with the incredible/droid and the network extender? I'd like to have some other confirmation besides my own tests, ya know?

atthehop

Reaction score
Whats the network extender. If you unplug it and it stops then I think it's the cause.

OP
G

gripweed

Reaction score
Whats the network extender. If you unplug it and it stops then I think it's the cause.

Well yea, that's what I said.

What I want to know is, has anyone experienced that in the past. Because if my inc won't work with the network extender, then I can't use the extender, and I won't get a signal or receive/make any calls at home....which is not good.

jimsparkman

Reaction score
Well yea, that's what I said.

What I want to know is, has anyone experienced that in the past. Because if my inc won't work with the network extender, then I can't use the extender, and I won't get a signal or receive/make any calls at home....which is not good.

Hello, just yesterday I upgraded to the Droid Bionic and yes, I am seeing some really strange behavior between the Bionic and my Network Extender (the new Samsung 3G Extender). If the extender is ON and I'm in the same room, I get NO Data Connection at all... unless I'm on Wi-Fi of course, but things like Visual VoiceMail don't work over wi-fi. I can go a couple of rooms away and data is intermitent because I can sometimes hang on to a nearby tower.

It is for certain there is a probblem with the Bionic and NE, not sure which device has the problem and I'm afraid this is going to be so new that tech support won't be any help.

Any other Bionic + NE Users out there experiencing problems?

- Jim