Verizon: Total of 170 Droid X's Shipped Early

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon: 170 Droid X's Shipped Early, Now You Can Officially Activate Them

Update 7/10@12:46PM: Early Droid-X arrivals can now be officially activated! Leaked internal document found at the end of the post.

I'm sure many of you are counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds to July 15th, and are wondering if you'll be one of the lucky ones to receive their Droid X early. Well, the folks over at Droid-Life have just received word from Verizon that a total of 170 Droid X handsets had been shipped pre-maturely.

Thanks to a leaked internal memo, we also find out that Verizon reps are to advise those who receive their Droid X early to not activate it until July 15th. They also ask the Verizon reps to assist customers by using the following phrase,

We apologize that you received your Droid-X prior to the official launch date of Thursday 7/15. We are currently investigating the early ordering and shipping of your device. However all of the proper network provisions for the Droid-X will not be in place until the official launch date.
From this, we can surmise that you most likely will be able to activate your phone now, but you will likely be limited to doing it through the Verizon Wireless website, and not at a VZ store. Also, some functionality, like Mobile Hotspot, may not be available until 7/15.

So, who got a Droid X early? And for those who did, have you activated it yet? Don't worry, your secret is safe with us :)

Source: Droid-Life, 2

Last edited:

phatkat66

Reaction score
Wait how did they get it in the mail if no one was able to preorder it online??

rudolphe

Reaction score
That's what I've been trying to find out. If they aren't doing pre-orders how are people getting them early? Unless it was people waiting on the incredible, if so they deserve the early present.

z06mike

Reaction score
I got mine on Tuesday and was activating just minutes after opening the box. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wait how did they get it in the mail if no one was able to preorder it online??

People who had the DI on back order were allowed to switch.....

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP edited with additional info on activation of early Droid X's.

givmedew

Reaction score
ha!!! dial *228... thats not actually an option on a droid x it calls it for you. Also you where mentioning that you cant activate it through the store? Well definetely not!!! You can not activate ANY shipped phones through the store they activate on there own when you accept the terms and condition online or over the phone while activating. Until then they remain LOCKED!