Verizon extending Droid X early upgrade program to more customers

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
news.png

Updated: 5:46PM EST: Information Updated!

We just received a tip that Verizon Wireless will be extending its Next Best Activity (NBA) program. The NBA program originally launched to allow any Verizon Wireless customers with an upgrade by December 31st, to be able to upgrade to the Droid X early. Now the word is the program is being extended to "select high-value and high-risk" customers. These customers will be notified with promotion details via mail around July 15th. Also, presumably, you will be able to call up Verizon on July 15th to see if you are on the "NBA List."

"Great News! Effective July 15, 2010 Verizon Wireless will include more customers within the Next Best Activity tool who can upgrade to 3G smartphones. These targeted customers will receive direct mail advising them of a limited time promotion to upgrade to a new 3G smartphone."

download.png

download1.png

Thanks for the anonymous tip!

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Gah, that may hurt supplies. Only 25,000 units available tomorrow. I hope I get one. I'm so tired of AT&T.

Mojo

Reaction score
From what a ;) ;) friend told me... this will be extended to include "high value and high risk" customers. You will have to go into a store or call 611 to see if you qualify. :D

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gah, that may hurt supplies. Only 25,000 units available tomorrow. I hope I get one. I'm so tired of AT&T.

Okay that 25,000 figure has been disproven. There will bw many more available than that tomorrow :) check out some of the other news threads that discuss it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Okay that 25,000 figure has been disproven. There will bw many more available than that tomorrow :) check out some of the other news threads that discuss it.

Sorry about that, I've been trying to keep track but didn't see anything new.

spyder560

Reaction score
I called VZW about this, the analyst on the phone didn't know what the hell I was talking about :icon_eek:

GrillMouster

Reaction score
VZW just recently had a smartphone upgrade promotion for "high value, high risk customers". I didn't qualify then, so I probably won't qualify for this promo either.