Verizon Droid X inventories becoming depleted

Introvert Genius

Reaction score
Well, I was assured that mine would be shipped out today when I spoke to them earlier, and the CSR said that she would call me with a tracking number. Here is it 8 hours later, I haven't heard from the CSR, nor has the status of my order changed.

Going to call again in 10 minutes to see how much they are screwing me over.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Ok so I called Verizon, again. I think everyone will appreciate this.

I spoke to a CSR who was able to pull up all of my information. She was actually incredibly nice, so that was a good thing. Long story short, the issue of ordering early and being screwed is getting looked into. She said that its a major ticket item that they are going to be looking into. All in all it was a 23 minute conversation, but I got $25 back on my bill for my troubles. So considering that I am on vacation and based on that ratio ($25 for 23 minutes) I was making $65/hr. I'll take that :)

Still not happy about being without a phone, but I was grateful that they even considered taking responsibility for the issue. Maybe it will ship sooner than the expected 23rd.

CG05

Reaction score
Similar to a prior post - ordered yesterday, got the vague status online about dependent upon inventories and shipping method, called Verizon today and was told 7/23 and then received shipping notice this afternoon - arrives on Monday. Look forward to dumping my BB Storm!

Mark

Similar situation here, ordered yesterday about noon pacific time and it didn't show my order being processed until probably 10PM. I called this morning and they said my phone would ship out monday. I decided to check out Craigslist and found a cartoys near me that had 2 left in stock with instant rebates (no mail in crap). Decided to call Verizon and cancel my order and they said no problem it's all cancelled and taken care of. Bought my phone at cartoys then as I was walking out of cartoys I got an email from Verizon saying my phone had been picked up by Fedex and would be here monday... Not really sure how to go about this now, probably just going to return it to a Verizon store when it gets here.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Make sure you know who you talked to when you return the phone so you can refuse to pay the $35 restocking fee.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Similar to a prior post - ordered yesterday, got the vague status online about dependent upon inventories and shipping method, called Verizon today and was told 7/23 and then received shipping notice this afternoon - arrives on Monday. Look forward to dumping my BB Storm!

Mark

Similar situation here, ordered yesterday about noon pacific time and it didn't show my order being processed until probably 10PM. I called this morning and they said my phone would ship out monday. I decided to check out Craigslist and found a cartoys near me that had 2 left in stock with instant rebates (no mail in crap). Decided to call Verizon and cancel my order and they said no problem it's all cancelled and taken care of. Bought my phone at cartoys then as I was walking out of cartoys I got an email from Verizon saying my phone had been picked up by Fedex and would be here monday... Not really sure how to go about this now, probably just going to return it to a Verizon store when it gets here.

Refuse the shipment and it will go back without the headache

CG05

Reaction score
probably just going to return it to a Verizon store when it gets here.
Refuse the shipment and it will go back without the headache

I would bring it to Verizon, unopened, I have heard bad stories about Fed-Ex lately, never can be to safe

Yeah I would be afraid that somehow it wouldnt make it back to Verizon and I would be charged full price. I have a cancellation confirmationsort of # thing :) . Hopefully they won't charge me, especially since it's their fault.

Introvert Genius

Reaction score
Well, just got off the phone with a CSR, and she couldn't find any information that it has been shipped, but she couldn't check on anything because the internet order department is closed for the day. The only thing she could confirm is that it hasn't been shipped.

I have to call the internet order department tomorrow, to see if I can find out more information. *sigh*

Of course, this means that it won't be shipped until at least Monday.

The woman I spoke to was very nice, and she kept apologizing, and I told her that she has no reason to, because this isn't her fault.

So, as of right now, it looks like the earliest that I will receive the phone is on Wednesday, but I am not holding my breath. I am anticipating them to tell me it is on back order even though I ordered it at 2:30 am (est) on the 15th. I guess right now the only thing I can do is prepare myself for the worst, because I don't expect this to get better.

I show my loyalty to a company for 10 years and this is what I get.

Good luck to everyone else that is going through the same thing.

CG05

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a Droid X in the Seattle/Bellevue area? I know of two unopened brand new phones going back to the Verizon store at Bellevue square on monday.

solomonshv

Reaction score
Back to my story. I ordered 1am on july 15th. I was told it will ship out Friday. It didn't. So I probably wont see this phone for a while.

But, some good came out of it. After a few calls and an hour on the phone, I got one of my 5 lines moved up to an early upgrade. It wasn't doe for upgrade until feb 16, but I got it moved up. I didn't waste any time and ordered another Droid X! Except when I ordered this one, it was already back ordered until the 27th.

I still wish I had my Droid X already, like i'm supposed to, but this will have to do for now.

DanSan

Reaction score
i walked into a verizon store on Long island N.Y. around 1pm and got my droid x. No lines or wait. in and out in 10 minutes with my droid x. If it matters i had the motorola droid so i didnt have to create new accounts or anything else.

i live on long island, what store did you hit up?

I work at a "major retailer" in the cell phone department and when i opened the store thursday we had about 20 droid x's but all of them were preordered. by the end of my shift all were picked up.

was good cuz it brought a good amount of attention into the store looking for the phone. i set up a bunch of people with droids and incredibles that day since we ran out of X's. i drive my manager nuts cuz i love to tell guys my age about rooting and **** and ive actually had some people come back and show me they rooted it or ask if they did it right lol

Introvert Genius

Reaction score
Just finished my 5th call to find out a status on my phone with Verizon.

To sum it up, the ordering servers crashed due to the number of orders they were receiving. This caused my order not to appear that it was processed until about 10:00 am on the 15th, even though I have an e-mail as proof that my order was placed at that time, along with a PDF of my order, that has a time stamp on it at 2:33 am.

They have refused to do anything, offer me any type of compensation for the problems that have been caused, and have implied that I am on back order status.

They have talked down to me, and treated me as a number (which I know I am), and don't even seem concerned with any of the problems, like the fact that the servers crashed and they weren't able to process the orders in the order that they were received. They implied that there was a black out of the ordering from 2:30 am - 6:00 am and anyone that ordered their phone online during that time wasn't processed until after 10:00 am.

I asked to speak with a supervisor so I can at least receive the smoke blown up my *** by someone that is making more money than I do, but two representatives gave me the run around with that, and one told me that there is nothing that a supervisor will do for me.

I have been with Verizon for many years, and one of the reasons why I want the Droid X is so I can prove to my company that Android can do everything that we need the iPhone to do and more, but as it looks right now they are not going to get the business contract from my company (only about 150 employees), because right now I have nothing positive to say about Verizon excluding two customer service representatives.

Anyone else that is still waiting on a status, I wish you luck with getting information from them. Or at least a straight answer, which even at this point I don't have any straight answers from them. I don't even know if I am classified on the back order status, or when I will be receiving my phone. I have been given three different answers, one of them implied that it would most likely be at least August 1st.

I guess right now I am going to have to practice my patience, because it doesn't look like I am going to have a droid in my hand anytime in the near future.

Good luck to all.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Introvert - Call them an ask for a $25 concession for your troubles. I used those exact words and got the results as stated in my previous post. I stated that it was not MY FAULT that their system messed up when I ordered on time and that it would be good business practice to offer me (a long, good, and high paying [$256/month] customer) something. And they did, call them, a CSR has the capability to give you at least $25 is not maybe more - just be nice and calm, its not the CSR's fault that the system got overloaded.

Now for my news. I just got off of the phone with Verizon on another unrelated issue and when that was resolved I asked about the order status of my phone. He stated that my payment was received on the 15th (funny how their money grubbing system didn't screw that one up) but that my order was processed on the 16th!!!! Over 24 hours after I placed the order! He however was unable to tell me when my phone would ship as all he could see was the current status of the X which is now July 27th. He told me to go with the aforementioned date to ship (July 23rd) that I was given by a previous CSR was able to view the status at that time.

solomonshv

Reaction score
Same story here. I was chaged at 3am on the 15th but my order was not processed until the 16th, more then 36 hours later. Anyway, I got my tracking number today, sunday, around 4 pm. I got overnight shipping and it says I will get my phone on the 20th. BUT, the tracking number still says they don't actually have my package, and it's 10pm already. We will see what happens.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Glad that you actually have that much! lol Still no tracking number for me ...