Droid X inventories leaked, Availability not aplenty

Womp

Reaction score
At least root is a possibility, loading custom ROMs? Different story. Quite frankly I would rather have my rooted apps rather than custom ROMs and themes any day of the week anyhow.

I'm sold on Droid X either way...Too many improvements.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
i just checked the glendale galleria verizon corp store, they said they had 70 already in stock, (so im assuming the info provided about stock isnt accurate) and they showed me a list of peoples names and numbers they had taken down for priority when it releases, those people on the list would need to show up from 9am to 10 am on release date to be honored a phone, and if they werent there between those times they would be removed, i put my name down there was 15 or 16 people on there, even though i prolly will order it online, i put it down just incase i change my mind. He even showed me their store inventory on their computer it said 70 so yep not too worried bout them running out.

wexplex

Reaction score
The Best Buy by me in NYC stopped taking orders when BB first stopped and never started the preorder again. FWIW.

webrazor

Reaction score
deaa9f.jpg

Rumors have been circulating over the past week or so, that Droid X inventories would be limited on its July 15th launch date. And as we approach launch date, these worries are continuing to mount. So, to give you a better idea of what to expect when you venture off for your Droid X in three days, Droid-Life has leaked the inventories of Droid X devices for the major metropolitan areas. Check out the screenshots below, to see if your local stores are listed, and where may or may not be the best place to go in the wee hours of July 15th:

First, in NYC:

Next, Los Angeles:

And Philly?

Houston?

Finally, Las Vegas:

So, take a look, and make sure the store you head to will have an ample supply, or you may be out of luck until the second shipment arrives, whenever that may be.

Source: Droid-Life
Here in Vegas on business and called all the local Verizon stores... looks like the numbers on this screen shot are pretty accurate compared to the information the stores would give me.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am still hearing limited availablility is a real concren...enough to cover weekend sales...sure..enough to hold inventory..not so sure

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I have an appt set for 730am Thurs at one of the larger stores here in Asheville, NC. Rep told me they were to receive 60 units, and already had appts for 40.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Honestly why do they even release it if they can't sell enough? There has to be a point where the little bit of media frenzy is outweighed by lots of pissed off customers. Seriously try pleasing the customers first can causing a frenzy later...

"OH LOOK WORLD SO MANY PEOPLE ARE BUYING THAT WE CAN'T KEEP UP...

...with all 30 produced units. >.>"

wexplex

Reaction score
Just got a voicemail from Best Buy Confirming they have a Droid X waiting for me tomorrow!!!!!

youngti

Reaction score
Here is the new add for tomorrows launch

[video=youtube;yLROsW4bmec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLROsW4bmec]YouTube - Droid X -- Tomorrow[/video]

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the day for all the people who hav ebeen waiting for the Droid X . I will bet some of you cant sleep tonight, or dream of this device until you get it. Me at 7 am I will be at VZW finishing up with them. then off to Orlando for a meeting at 8 am. I will be putting the DX to the test first thing in the morning...