Verizon Droid X inventories becoming depleted

jimmoff

Reaction score
Oh that was my bad. Try this one ... 866-338-7390 .... rather than 800

SO I just called this number they said that my order won't be shipped until the 23rd. I told her that I was told that all orders that came in before 2:30 would ship out the 15th. Her response to me was that "Our system kind of crashed, and we don't know what the cutoff time is now, but that I am definitely backordered" She said it might be possible that it will ship the 21st, but to expect it to ship next Friday. :icon_evil:

minor2me

Reaction score
I had 2 X's of in my hand at a Verizon store in Seaside CA but was told they would not let me out of mifi early even if I took hotspot and data on each. To much demand?????

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Oh well, looks like we will have to play their game, what bargaining chip do we have? None. I own a 5 line business contract and been with them for 7 years and they didn't "do" anything. Oh well. I guess the main thing for me was that I was able to get my shipping address changed to a located where it can actually go where I'll be.

By the way, does anyone else like how they chose the "23rd" as the next ship date? That way they can contract with FedEx (of whoever) for a Saturday Express drop, "behind the scenes" if you will, so they can have that 'extra' day to get you the phone ...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
After best buy screwed me even though I was pre-order #1, I had to order online today. It said will ship 7-23 or whatever. Then I just got a tracking number and will have it monday. So they either got a shipment early or found a case of them somewhere lol

solomonshv

Reaction score
After best buy screwed me even though I was pre-order #1, I had to order online today. It said will ship 7-23 or whatever. Then I just got a tracking number and will have it monday. So they either got a shipment early or found a case of them somewhere lol
THIS IS BS!!! I ordered mine on Thursday 1am, payment cleared by 3am. I still didn't even get a tracking number. I called them an hour ago they said it still hasn't shipped out yet.

mforward

Reaction score
I order mine online yesterday around 4:30PM Central Time. I called VZW support this morning to get a status and they told me that my order had been processed later that evening, but since I ordered after 2:30 PM (they told me the online order inventory had sold out around 2:30PM) my order wouldn't ship until 7/23 at the latest.

However, I got my shipping confirmation and tracking number this afternoon at 2:05PM. My shipment is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

I think they're telling people 7/23 as a worst case scenario. IMO, this is too important of a product release for VZW not to make a large number of initial units available.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
THIS IS BS!!! I ordered mine on Thursday 1am, payment cleared by 3am. I still didn't even get a tracking number. I called them an hour ago they said it still hasn't shipped out yet.

That is pretty crappy. i even told them put the phone cost on my cell. it was only about 2 hours between order and ship.

wclarknewt

Reaction score
I got up early because I was scared they would sell out but there was plenty here in south carolina store , the phone is awesome , suck it apple

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Erron WTF? I can't be mad at you obviously but it sucks that you were able to order today and have it shipped today whereas I order Thursday at 2:30am and have to wait ... Verizon is sooo screwing the pooch on this one.

solomonshv

Reaction score
Erron WTF? I can't be mad at you obviously but it sucks that you were able to order today and have it shipped today whereas I order Thursday at 2:30am and have to wait ... Verizon is sooo screwing the pooch on this one.
I'm on the phone yelling at them right now. They admited an error and said they will allow atleast 1 more line to upgrade earlier to make this less painful for me.

solomonshv

Reaction score
So here is what I got. They transferred me to what I assume to be their tracking dept. She told me that Verizon is overwhelmed and has shipped 35,000 units since yesterday from their warehouses. She also said that FedEx is overwhelmed with the phones.

This brings me to my next question. Why is it that Apple can ship out 500k units in like 3 days and Verizon cant do 100k in a day and a half?

She also told they have phones but can't keep up with the orders.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
So here is what I got. They transferred me to what I assume to be their tracking dept. She told me that Verizon is overwhelmed and has shipped 35,000 units since yesterday from their warehouses. She also said that FedEx is overwhelmed with the phones.

This brings me to my next question. Why is it that Apple can ship out 500k units in like 3 days and Verizon cant do 100k in a day and a half?

She also told they have phones but can't keep up with the orders.

You know I can actually understand the inability to ship all of the phones ... its called lack of planning. BUT they should be following good business practices and shipping the phones in the order that the orders were received. Not putting us on a roulette wheel. Erron's example is prime, that's retarted, NO ONE should be ordering a phone today and having is shipped before someone who ordered one well over 24 hours ago.

Markc1024

Reaction score
Similar to a prior post - ordered yesterday, got the vague status online about dependent upon inventories and shipping method, called Verizon today and was told 7/23 and then received shipping notice this afternoon - arrives on Monday. Look forward to dumping my BB Storm!

Mark