Limited Stock Expected for Motorola Droid X Launch

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cant edit, so ...

Additionally we live in a world with overnight shippoing, etc. So this "We can't restock for a while bit..." Doesn't fly.

Piss poor planning, or afraid of having too much? Either is solvable.

solomonshv

Reaction score
This is BS!!!

I ordered my Droid X at 1am Thursday night. It's now 1 am Friday night. I have been charged but no phone shipped. It is now back ordered until July 23rd.

here is what the order tracking page says:

"Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email."

There were about 100k units for the entire U.S. And Verizon promised that there would be plenty of phones on day 1. THEY ARE FULL OF CRAP!! The corporate store in New York City on 34th street and 7th ave (pretty important and busy place) had 75 phones in stock. One dude skipped the line and walked out with 6 of them. WTF is that about?

jguinn2005

Reaction score
I ordered my Droid X at 1am Thursday night. It's now 1 am Friday night. I have been charged but no phone shipped. It is now back ordered until July 23rd.

"Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email."

There were about 100k units for the entire U.S. And Verizon promised that there would be plenty of phones on day 1. THEY ARE FULL OF CRAP!! The corporate store in New York City on 34th street and 7th ave (pretty important and busy place) had 75 phones in stock. One dude skipped the line and walked out with 6 of them. WTF is that about?

I feel you. I ordered mine at 2:56AM THURSDAY MORNING!!!! I have YET to receive an email with my shipping information as promised on the vzw website. As for the guy walking out with 6, well check ebay, I'm sure you can buy one off of him.

solomonshv

Reaction score

I feel you. I ordered mine at 2:56AM THURSDAY MORNING!!!! I have YET to receive an email with my shipping information as promised on the vzw website. As for the guy walking out with 6, well check ebay, I'm sure you can buy one off of him.
It gets better. I have a co worked who placed the order for the droid X, also as an upgrade, not new customer, almost 12 hours after I did. He is getting it today (Friday). Already shipped over night as off Thursday evening.